problem with dd1

I'm in NH I mean I was thinking cross referencing my gain settings with a DMM so I can see if the quarter turn is in the ballpark or if it's the 2/3 turn like I stated earlier I get the distortion blips but can turn up gain all the way and the light never comes on which seems very strange. But it's strange bc when I am finding the max clean signal for the amp before turning the gain knob I get a full distort signal

I also know this is unrelated but would inverting my subs increase the efficiency of my amplifier at all. I just inverted the subs today and noticed that it seems like I am not getting as big of a voltage drop. I was just curious I will be changing it back bc I don't like how it looks

Some decks, you can add a click or two of sublevel after setting the gain.

Get the gain set at zero sub level first, then with the same volume, see if you can add any sub level to it.

This is not correct for an Alpine head unit. The subwoofer output on them has no boost circuitry and level 15 is flat. Set the system with the sub level at 15.

As for volume levels with that head unit, the internal amp clips at ~24 and the preamp outs clip at ~29 if I remember correctly. Obviously, you can verify that yourself. And as for the DD-1 distortion light firing when you move the gain, that's not a problem. It will fire slightly any time you attach or remove the probes, when you bump a setting or when the source signal changes abruptly. You're only worried about a solid red light, not the occasional flashing light.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

The sub amp clips at 35 of 35 with sub level at 0 before when I set it with sub level 7 it clipped at 28 so seven less than before I feel that I was correct to set it with the sub level at 0 which would be flat not 15. If you want to explain more I would appreciate it the headunit is the cde 148bt. And I know that clipping is indicated by a solid red but what does it mean when I turn up the gain get a red light at 1/4 turn that will turn off as soon as I move it up or down and the same at 2/3 I don't get a solid red at full gain either that's why I don't know where to set it. If I am supposed to set gain with plus 15 sub level please explain why . Thank you

Your sub isn't clipping at level 0 because the signal is not present. Or at least, not to any appreciable degree.

As for the clip light burning solid red at ¼ & 2/3 gain but not at full gain, I would have to be there to see what's happening in order to diagnose it. But... that definitely doesn't sound right.

I have a 148bt in stock and if I get time today I'll put the DD-1 on it and verify when it clips. But in the meantime, are you using the DD-1 CD to do this setting or are you using something else?

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg