problem with dd1

This is what i would do.

with the dd-1 hooked only to the headunit:

play a 1khz 0db tone and check your front rca outputs.

find the max unclipped volume.

play the 40hz 0db tone and check your sub out at the same volume.

adjust the sub out until you show clipping, then back it off till the light goes out.

then hook the amps up, and set the gains on the amps with the appropriate tones with the volume at your maxed unclipped level.

You can use the -5db 1k tone for your mids, but 0db will be safer

you can use the -5db 40hz tone for your subs pretty safely if you are not overpowering your sub.

Okay did what everyone said and front and rear rca no clipping at max 35 same with sub rca what should I do now. My max volume to subs with lvl 15 is 20

I would leave the sub level at 0 then. (We'll come back to this though)

Now, set your amp gains. I usually use to clicks under max, so in your case 33-35.

If you are using a remote bass knob for your amp, make sure its turned all the way up when you set the amp gain.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

So is it normal that I can only have the volume at 23 with a -10db tone and 20 with a -5db tone . The amp still shows a blip at 1/4 turn and again at 2/3 so should I set gain at half to be safe or leave it at below a quarter turn it never turns solid just a flash and if you move it a mm either direction it goes away doesn't show a clipped signal at full gain only the 40 Hz signal light goes away