Second Skin Audio

ok shit dont make sense

brent379

Robert...I guess I didn't think about that till now. Makes perfect sense tho.

After thinking about this for a while I think I'm going to take the 6th order out and try out these tens the 4 cube box and see what happens! Fuck it. I can only write then at 2 ohm because at .5 it's bad news for them lol so at 2 ohm after rise and all they won't even be seeing 1000 rms. And if I blow them o well...I'm looking for different woofers anyway.

So I think I'm going to do 4 cubes with an 8 inch aero and some big flares and just see what happens :) if that don't work then I'll go to 2 6 inch aeros and see what happens!!! I've been wanting to experiment for a while. I might even try to find a way to temporarily seal the box of from the trunk just to see how that does to!!! Gorilla tape and a couple layers of cardboard should do :)

since were on the topic of a huge 8inch flared port....

IMG_20140722_203447_146_zps133a3628.jpg

for my new 15 EXO. yes that's a sonotube... and lots of time and effort to make that flare!

Dude that's nice! What did you use to do the flare? Is that a 2 inch flare?

i can't even tell you how many people have asked me how i did that. I'm either a genius or very dumb... you can decide.

so i get done with my box and im looking at that ugly flat port. so im raking my brain trying to think how to flare it. first thought plastic bowl.. then think plate. I'm grabbing things and test fitting them. nothing is working. then my girl comes out of left field holding a heat lamp from my old snake cage. she asks if she can throw it away (were in the process of moving into our new house) i scream no! took it cut the bottom off so it was a perfect fit. then some really good sealant and some bondo (lots of sanding) and that's what you see in the pic. a $5 heat lamp shade.

again.your call on how smart.. or dumb i am but its sturdy as fawk and with all the bondo.there is no metal ting when you tap on it.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

thank you, I'm pretty proud! the entire box including the sonotube is truck bed lined. along with the bondo. i Can pick up that side of the box by the flare so i know.it's super strong. i used a super strong sealant first, i applied it to both the heat lamp and tube then put a 25lb weight on top of the lamp shade over night. when i woke up that sucker was on there! i put the weight back on and then got to work on the bondo. 3 layers of sanding bondo sanding... x3 until it was butter Smooth and permanently on. then i got to painting the whole thing in bed liner. 4 coats in all. i even did the inside. i could use that box as a

boat! the inside only has half a coat tho.. Just enough to be black it's really smooth on the inside. but no leaks no flex double front.. couldn't be happier! Just hope it sounds as good as it looks!

oh box is 4.75net and tuned to 30.5hz

again.thanks for not calling me dumb.. ; )

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I wouldn't call you dumb! That's a quick easy fix that looks very effective and came out good! I just went to home depot and prices out some sonotube and went and looked at headlamps. I won't be going with the heatlamp idea because I don't have one laying around and I'm not about to spend 15 bucks on something just to destroy it lol. So I will be fiberglassing my flares!!! I'm going to call a local sprinkler site and see if they have 8" pvc...little scared on the price tho lol cuz even 6" is pricey

Well....

"Ooooooooooo I never knew that the square inch of port area per cube golden rule was per sub! I thought that was strictly just purr total amount of cubic feet lol."

"And I know port area is not a golden rule and that it is driver/xmax/power/ and tuning frequency dependent."

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Well....

"Ooooooooooo I never knew that the square inch of port area per cube golden rule was per sub! I thought that was strictly just purr total amount of cubic feet lol."

"And I know port area is not a golden rule and that it is driver/xmax/power/ and tuning frequency dependent."

Damn internets

Hahaha I'm surprised it took so long for someone to point that out. Let me explain....

When I first really got into building boxes about 5 years ago I would use the "golden rule"...And never knew that the range of sqin of port per cube was per sub also. I always just thought it was per cube.

About two years ago is when I finally understood that the golden rule is just a very GENERAL starting point...And that it port area is dependent on other factors.

There fore even tho I learned a little something about the"golden rule" I do not go by it.

Damn internets lol

there half that price at Walmart kmart, big lots..

the 8 1/2 inch lamp at Walmart is $5.99 and the ten inch (one i used) is $8.50

job lots has them 10inch ones all different colors for $6.99

at home depot they have the can of 3m super 77 adhesive spray for $15.99 Walmart it's $7.99 home depot is always.more expensive. thats why i only buy wood there. (hehe hehe wood) and true value forget it it's always $5 more then HD.

i thought about fiber glass but it's just so much damn work! and the whole mdf round over bit.. the bit alone is $35 so if you don't have one it's cheaper to buy a psycho port then to get all the material to build one.

the sonotube and $15 heat lamp.will be cheaper then 8 inch pvc.

but if you do get tr pvc just heat it up and push it down over a metal bowl. once you have the flare you like pour cold water down the tube to

harden it. it's really no hard but fiberglassing a pvc Pipe Is pointless sense it's so easy to flare.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff