Motorboat KER Posted July 31, 2014 Report Posted July 31, 2014 I plan on getting either a SRX15D2 or 2 SRX12D2 for my car (if it isn't broke!). I am removing the back seats to allow the subs and port to fire forward. I want to go for SPL over SQ. What should I aim for tuning wise? I also may use aero ports instead of a slot.
Hugh G. Rection Posted July 31, 2014 Report Posted July 31, 2014 I plan on getting either a SRX15D2 or 2 SRX12D2 for my car (if it isn't broke!). I am removing the back seats to allow the subs and port to fire forward. I want to go for SPL over SQ. What should I aim for tuning wise? I also may use aero ports instead of a slot. if your looking to build an spl setup (i cant for the life of me understand why someone would want to ride around with a useless one note wonder system) then you will want to tune at the resonance of the vehicle, and start from there. test and tune, test and tune, and test and tune some more till you get the score where you want it. wont be worth a flying fuck for music, but it will be an spl system at that point. Owner of BigAss Ports
Motorboat KER Posted July 31, 2014 Author Report Posted July 31, 2014 I plan on getting either a SRX15D2 or 2 SRX12D2 for my car (if it isn't broke!). I am removing the back seats to allow the subs and port to fire forward. I want to go for SPL over SQ. What should I aim for tuning wise? I also may use aero ports instead of a slot. if your looking to build an spl setup (i cant for the life of me understand why someone would want to ride around with a useless one note wonder system) then you will want to tune at the resonance of the vehicle, and start from there. test and tune, test and tune, and test and tune some more till you get the score where you want it. wont be worth a flying fuck for music, but it will be an spl system at that point. So start low and work my way up? Tune down to like either 25 or 30? Thanks
bbeljefe Posted July 31, 2014 Report Posted July 31, 2014 If you're more interested in SPL tune in the high 30s. If you plan to compete, there are a lot of other things to do before deciding what tuning you need. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
Hugh G. Rection Posted July 31, 2014 Report Posted July 31, 2014 I plan on getting either a SRX15D2 or 2 SRX12D2 for my car (if it isn't broke!). I am removing the back seats to allow the subs and port to fire forward. I want to go for SPL over SQ. What should I aim for tuning wise? I also may use aero ports instead of a slot. if your looking to build an spl setup (i cant for the life of me understand why someone would want to ride around with a useless one note wonder system) then you will want to tune at the resonance of the vehicle, and start from there. test and tune, test and tune, and test and tune some more till you get the score where you want it. wont be worth a flying fuck for music, but it will be an spl system at that point. So start low and work my way up? Tune down to like either 25 or 30? Thanks 25 or 30? i thought you said you were building an spl system. has the definition of spl somehow changed lately? Owner of BigAss Ports
Motorboat KER Posted July 31, 2014 Author Report Posted July 31, 2014 I plan on getting either a SRX15D2 or 2 SRX12D2 for my car (if it isn't broke!). I am removing the back seats to allow the subs and port to fire forward. I want to go for SPL over SQ. What should I aim for tuning wise? I also may use aero ports instead of a slot. if your looking to build an spl setup (i cant for the life of me understand why someone would want to ride around with a useless one note wonder system) then you will want to tune at the resonance of the vehicle, and start from there. test and tune, test and tune, and test and tune some more till you get the score where you want it. wont be worth a flying fuck for music, but it will be an spl system at that point. So start low and work my way up? Tune down to like either 25 or 30? Thanks 25 or 30? i thought you said you were building an spl system. has the definition of spl somehow changed lately? I am new to SPL builds, you told me to build and tune. So I was going to start really low and work my way up extremely high to find my peak. I will be sealing off also.
Hugh G. Rection Posted July 31, 2014 Report Posted July 31, 2014 I plan on getting either a SRX15D2 or 2 SRX12D2 for my car (if it isn't broke!). I am removing the back seats to allow the subs and port to fire forward. I want to go for SPL over SQ. What should I aim for tuning wise? I also may use aero ports instead of a slot. if your looking to build an spl setup (i cant for the life of me understand why someone would want to ride around with a useless one note wonder system) then you will want to tune at the resonance of the vehicle, and start from there. test and tune, test and tune, and test and tune some more till you get the score where you want it. wont be worth a flying fuck for music, but it will be an spl system at that point. So start low and work my way up? Tune down to like either 25 or 30? Thanks 25 or 30? i thought you said you were building an spl system. has the definition of spl somehow changed lately? I am new to SPL builds, you told me to build and tune. So I was going to start really low and work my way up extremely high to find my peak. I will be sealing off also. with an spl build, i would probably start around the 40hz area, and work my way up. id be looking at building with alot of port area as well. Owner of BigAss Ports
Robert8252 Posted July 31, 2014 Report Posted July 31, 2014 I had really good luck using quarter wave frequency for tuning sealed forward. I didn't compete but it was loud and I had a pretty flat response from 30-45. Car peaked low on its own so upper 40s and 50s weren't worth a shit no matter what I tried. Measure from where the box face will be to the windshield where the TL would be in feet and multiply by 4. Then divide 1132 by your distance for quarter wave frequency. I had a 12" in 2 cubes with 40 inches of port tuned to 38 which was my quarter wave and it was the best box out of the 5 or 6 I had for music and loudness and played down to 30 with authority. Now if this is just for burps and playing one frequency disregard. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Motorboat KER Posted July 31, 2014 Author Report Posted July 31, 2014 I see a lot of people saying use plenty of port. Will Torres provide me with correct port?
Robert8252 Posted July 31, 2014 Report Posted July 31, 2014 Torres only does what you tell it to. Plenty of threads for you to read to make your own conclusion. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.