SundownZ71 Posted August 1, 2014 Report Posted August 1, 2014 Would a 2 cu ft box, tuned at 32hz with a CT sounds 900.1 be too much for the SA-10?
hdorre Posted August 1, 2014 Report Posted August 1, 2014 Eh, it's a lot of power. But then again, ppl said the same when I has 1908wrms on my SA8s.. Which lasted my setup of a yr. I'd look at a smaller box. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
SundownZ71 Posted August 1, 2014 Author Report Posted August 1, 2014 Eh, it's a lot of power. But then again, ppl said the same when I has 1908wrms on my SA8s.. Which lasted my setup of a yr. I'd look at a smaller box. How bout a smaller amp like a.. 500.1?
MrBigs63' Posted August 1, 2014 Report Posted August 1, 2014 Shrink you box size a little. Not sure on specs, but 2 cubes for a 10 seems really large. I would never think twice about over powering it that much as long as you know how to properly set gains, have the tools to do so, and I would make the box to the lowest recommended spec basically. That large and that much over power you would most likely have issues with cone control. Or you could drop to a 500.1 like you suggested.
Jessica Posted August 1, 2014 Report Posted August 1, 2014 do it, you can always just turn the volume down. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
hdorre Posted August 1, 2014 Report Posted August 1, 2014 Eh, it's a lot of power. But then again, ppl said the same when I has 1908wrms on my SA8s.. Which lasted my setup of a yr. I'd look at a smaller box. How bout a smaller amp like a.. 500.1? You mean in that power range, yes. I personally wouldn't buy any Chinese amp.. Hell, I'd choose Brazilian over them. But Korean is who in sticking with. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.