Sonic Electronix

Are crossover-points subjective?

SO you set the Low pass, the same as the HIGH pass?

Yes. Low pass is at 80hz. The sub takes everything 80hz and below. High pass is at 80hz. Door speakers take everything 80hz and above. Is that wrong? Or is my grammar wrong?

oh... ok, on seperate channels... ok .....

i thought you ment you where setting the same on one channel...

ok.. carry on.

SO you set the Low pass, the same as the HIGH pass?

Yes. Low pass is at 80hz. The sub takes everything 80hz and below. High pass is at 80hz. Door speakers take everything 80hz and above. Is that wrong? Or is my grammar wrong?

oh... ok, on seperate channels... ok .....

i thought you ment you where setting the same on one channel...

ok.. carry on.

Lol, sorry I confused you.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

If it rattles when set to 60hz it is most likely cabin gain, you set your speaker hpf at 50 and sub lpf at 50? The higher you bring the woofer/mids lpf+hpf means you have to tune down the frequencies that are peaking to soon. One of my vehicles is set to 125/125 12db. Everything is as close to flat as possible (not the eq,the actual frequency's being produced inside my cabin). Every car is different, you have to find the settings that take the most advantage of your vehicles efficiency,and tune it down from there. If your speakers are at 50hpf, then you probably can't play it to loud without the bass settings on negitive. 50 is pretty low for 80watt punch 6 1/2's. If it were me, I would try 80 lpf/hpf. And tune the sub down from there.

Been messing with my EQ and crossover settings and listening to the "cabin" tones like you said. 80hz on the hpf and lpf kills the overwhelming bass, but adjusting the 80hz on EQ to +3db brought back some of the kick without the "woof". Sounds pretty clean now. Thanks for the advice.

Bringing your woofers lpf higher and mid hpf higher killed the overwhelming bass? Sounds like maybe it was your mids making noise and not the woofer?

Archived