brent379 Posted August 4, 2014 Report Posted August 4, 2014 just purchased 2 lvl 3 12s really excited to try out some dc audio!!! shoutout to corona_jeff for the help!! been reading on what boxes these woofers have good luck on and I want to get some input on these specs I came up with. I will be running these off an aq2200d at .5. gain will be set with the dd1 and just bought another DMM today so I will be clamping the amp to see what its doing and I will turn the amp down from there. i will be attempting to seal this off from the trunk also. my goal is to get loud and low. i am 99% sure this set up will never see a meter. i don't really care to play under 25hz really. but i would like it to play down to 27-28 with authority, will be in the trunk of a 2013 wrx. also came up with a slot port design that drops the net volume down to about 3.18 tuned at 34hz....but that is with using MAX dimensions i have to work with...i would rather go the aero port route if it will suffice because the box is a tad bit smaller which is perfect because my trunk is a pain in the ass to work with. all help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Joe X Posted August 4, 2014 Report Posted August 4, 2014 How much do you think the 2200d will give at 0.5 ohm?
brent379 Posted August 4, 2014 Author Report Posted August 4, 2014 Honestly I have no clue until I clamp it. Right now it's weird at 2 ohms and I my voltage is charging at 14.4-14.8 and at full tilt there is no drop. Maybe drop to 14.2 on some songs but that's it. So I'll have to see once I get everything hooked up. I'm just going it will give a clean 2k after impedance rise. I know for music impedance rise don't mean shit and I probably shouldn't even care about it. But if my voltage don't drop to bad it would be pretty easy to over power and damage the subs so I'm going to clamp it to help see a little bit more of where the power it's actually at.
brent379 Posted August 4, 2014 Author Report Posted August 4, 2014 Edit: wired at 2ohms....not weird at 2 ohms lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.