Second Skin Audio

Enclosure - Need second opinions

Also, aren't you coming up a little short on airspace? 4.0 net for the pair seams a little on the short side for Sundown recommending 2.25 per sub. I mean, I get you're working with limited space, but I'd say to alleviate the headache and work with the space you have maybe do 10's or a single 12/15. What are your thoughts OP?

Hi, can you link me to where sundown recommends 2.25? They provide example enclosure on sketchup for each of their drivers al the X-12's comes out to 1.88 cubes per.

Sundown has their specs missing from the X series info page, so I looked them up here. http://www.woofersetc.com/p-11692-x-12-d4-sundown-audio-12-dual-4-ohm-1250w-rms-subwoofer.aspx

I'm assuming (and I hate assuming) they copied SA's specs. Not sure why Sundown doesn't have their specs up though.

Also, aren't you coming up a little short on airspace? 4.0 net for the pair seams a little on the short side for Sundown recommending 2.25 per sub. I mean, I get you're working with limited space, but I'd say to alleviate the headache and work with the space you have maybe do 10's or a single 12/15. What are your thoughts OP?

Hi, can you link me to where sundown recommends 2.25? They provide example enclosure on sketchup for each of their drivers al the X-12's comes out to 1.88 cubes per.

Sundown has their specs missing from the X series info page, so I looked them up here. http://www.woofersetc.com/p-11692-x-12-d4-sundown-audio-12-dual-4-ohm-1250w-rms-subwoofer.aspx

I'm assuming (and I hate assuming) they copied SA's specs. Not sure why Sundown doesn't have their specs up though.

Hmmm, not sure if woofersetc post is accurate... again the enclosure specs sundown built come out to 1.88 using Torres calculator. I can always try and squeeze out a bit more space. Might be tough tho... I also had to guess driver displacement because I can't find it anywhere. I assumed it's .3 a sub dunno if that's a good assumption though.

Front Mids/Tweeters: Focal K2 POWER

Rear Deck Mids: Focal 165ca

Subwoofer: (1) DC Level 5 15"

Highs/Mids Amp: Mosconi Gladen One 120.4

Monoblock: DC 3.5K

Headunit: Kenwood Excelon DNN990HD

Batteries: Optima Yellow Top (hood), Kinetik HC600 (trunk), XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Car: Accord '08 Coupe... terrible trunk shape : ' (

Hmmm, not sure if woofersetc post is accurate... again the enclosure specs sundown built come out to 1.88 using Torres calculator. I can always try and squeeze out a bit more space. Might be tough tho... I also had to guess driver displacement because I can't find it anywhere. I assumed it's .3 a sub dunno if that's a good assumption though.

Honestly, before you get any deeper, I'd email sundown to get it straight from the horse's mouth. We're "ass"uming wooferetc is correct and the driver displacement at this point. Sundown has full specs for every other sub apparently, probably just an oversight otherwise they're working on getting the info posted, but I wouldn't want to move forward without that information.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Honestly, before you get any deeper, I'd email sundown to get it straight from the horse's mouth. We're "ass"uming wooferetc is correct and the driver displacement at this point. Sundown has full specs for every other sub apparently, probably just an oversight otherwise they're working on getting the info posted, but I wouldn't want to move forward without that information.

I've sent an email to sundown.

Batteries: Optima Yellow Top (hood), Kinetik HC600 (trunk), XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Why do you wanna run so many ports?? Why not do two big ports or a single bigger port??

I'm guessing space limitations.

Ideally you will have at least a port width between the opening of the port and anything else inside or outside the box. Personally I'd chance porting out the back before I ported out of each side.

are you going to have enough clearence in front of the ports? looks like they will be close to the sides of your trunk. You want the port width in distance from any obstructions. At very minimum 1/2 port width.

Any way you can increase that 31 inches in front? There looks like there might be more than that between the wheel wells there. Then maybe one port on the front like this?

549281_771_full.jpg

I would like to but unfortunately if the hieght or width of the box are increased, I will not be able to fit it in the trunk. It would have to be built into the trunk and I would have no way of taking it out of the trunk...or for that matter getting the subs into the trunk into the box... unless someone knows some ingenious desgn

has anyone here tried creating a dettachable/interchangable external port? this could be a solution..

I'd like to do 2 10's but i lose so much cone area :(

Ok here is a thought. Why don't you post your dimensions here so we can all be on the same page with you. Cause we all giving suggestions without knowing your limitations.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived