$400 to spend on upgrades

yurvalentine

Great choice for a head unit. I really wanted the 80 PRS but I didn't think I'd be able to fit it my ride (97 Buick LeSabre). Depth issues. I ended up going with the hd149bt, which wasn't supposed to fit either but it was a tad shorter in depth than the 80 PRS. Even with the Alpine I had a die grinder out hacking EVERYTHING out of my dash! Literally everything. I even had to cut out two 20 pin wire harness connectors and solder the needed wires back together. I don't think I could have used RCA's with the 80 prs's depth. My Alpine is sandwiched in there with pretty stubby Conection RCAs. I really would have liked the 80 PRS for all its capabilities. It looks worth every dollar.

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

Awesome, glad to see so many advocates for it.

Now then, anyone have recommendations for mids and highs they like so I can start researching and hopefully trying some out? We don't really have shit for audio shops out here in Utah but I'll still see what I can find for demos. I need a pair of 6.5" mids and a pair of tweeters, I don't want to spend a fortune but I could go $200-300 for them all. Again just looking for favorites so I have a starting point.

my buddy has 2 memphis pro audio 6.5"s and tweeters, they get REAL loud and stay clear. i personally run crescendo pro audio 8"s and messo 6.5"s. the 8"s sound great and the messo's are so clear. my 2 cents :D

1998 2 door tahoe

Subs: 2 DC lvl4 18"s

Mids/highs: nendo pwx 8" and 2 sets of 6.5" mezzo's

Amps: hifonics 2500.1d & hifonics 1200.4 & RF 600.2

145.8 seald up in the kick.

my buddy has 2 memphis pro audio 6.5"s and tweeters, they get REAL loud and stay clear. i personally run crescendo pro audio 8"s and messo 6.5"s. the 8"s sound great and the messo's are so clear. my 2 cents :D

I've had my eye on the Crescendo pro 6.5s

Awesome headunit. Good choice. Love mine

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived