SundownZ71 Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 I have an SA-10 that will be going into a 2 cu ft box tuned eh, around 32 hz. It will be on a Crescendo S600.1 Is that too much for the sub since the box is over it's "recommendation"?
philrab Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 I'll assume you're getting an SA10 with dual 4 ohm coils to wire down to a 2 ohm load to get 600 watts out of the amp. Correct me if I'm wrong. Personally, I really wouldn't damned near double the recommended airspace of a woofer, as I can see that having a really negative effect on the mechanical power handling. Have you already built the box/purchased it? What's the idea behind using that woofer in THAT box? 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
SundownZ71 Posted August 6, 2014 Author Report Posted August 6, 2014 I'll assume you're getting an SA10 with dual 4 ohm coils to wire down to a 2 ohm load to get 600 watts out of the amp. Correct me if I'm wrong. Personally, I really wouldn't damned near double the recommended airspace of a woofer, as I can see that having a really negative effect on the mechanical power handling. Have you already built the box/purchased it? What's the idea behind using that woofer in THAT box? Its a dual 2 ohm, and I have not purchased the box or amp yet. All I'm using it for is for listening to music such as decaf, rap and whatever.
Joe X Posted August 8, 2014 Report Posted August 8, 2014 If you are doing a 2 cubes box just get an SA-12. Also give it some 800W RMS.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.