noobslayer77 Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 Hey, my friend is thinking about getting 3 alpine type rs. the old model. I told him it'd be better to just save up and get 2 sundown x12s and i think thats what he is going to go with. Does anyone have a recommendation on the enclosure specs? we are going to build the box ourselves. I was thinking running a saz2500 at 1 ohm. so thatd be 2 4 ohm x 12s. but if there is a better match for those subs lemme know 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
noobslayer77 Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 I have to skar zvx 15s and a skar sk 3500, not sure it they are busted or not. Would the sundowns be louder? I've broken a pair of skar zvx 12s already and i'm not sure how reliable the 15s will be. They have a really small spider. 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
Swordlordboy1234 Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 Depends on the persons experience. I've got over 4k going to my sundown X pair and are fine. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Swordlordboy1234 Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 Since Skar is a sponsor on here. I won't go too in depth. But their 3500 I wouldn't touch. Just my .02 My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
noobslayer77 Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 yea mine barely made 2000 rms. and clipped the shit outta my subs. do you think a nendo 2200 would bang for the x12s? 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
realsoundillusion Posted August 10, 2014 Report Posted August 10, 2014 Hi Guys, I'm running 2x SA12's in a 35Hz box and did a 147.3db bassrace on a taramp 2ohm and they playing daily without any issues... so if your build and setup is correct they should be able to handle more...
CleanSierra Posted August 10, 2014 Report Posted August 10, 2014 I'd trust that Skar 3500. That's just me though I guess. To answer your question, no. I don't think you will get any louder with the X over the ZVX. They are completely different subs the ZVX is likely going to get louder if both are in appropriate boxes. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Hugh G. Rection Posted August 10, 2014 Report Posted August 10, 2014 I've broken a pair of skar zvx 12s already and i'm not sure how reliable the 15s will be. im interested in what the box specs were for the zvx 12's.... the 15's are dead nuts reliable and can take one helluva beating if someone competent builds the enclosure. Owner of BigAss Ports
Hugh G. Rection Posted August 10, 2014 Report Posted August 10, 2014 Hi Guys, I'm running 2x SA12's in a 35Hz box and did a 147.3db bassrace on a taramp 2ohm and they playing daily without any issues... so if your build and setup is correct they should be able to handle more... cool beans. wish i still had the vids of my pt cruiser bass racing 148s/149s with a single kicker solo-x 12 on a kx2500.1, no wall. Owner of BigAss Ports
noobslayer77 Posted August 11, 2014 Author Report Posted August 11, 2014 the zvx 12s were in a box that skar made specifically for them. 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.