Where can i buy a nice automotive carpet?

Title says it. Looking for a grey/charcoal/ or black carpet.

Im trying to wrap a piece of wood for trunk floor. In the past ive used charcoal felt but its not that good of quality. I want something a bit more heavy duty.

Would prefer to buy it at brick and mortar but online is fine too.

I actually went into a local shop recently for some carpet and I'm glad I did. He ordered it from Metra.... I think any shop worth anything would have access to them. The guy was a real sport helping me pick the best color and doing the special order so I don't mind at all letting him make a few bucks off the deal.

$40 for 5 yards 54" wide. If anyone finds a better price I'd personally like to know, but this is where I was planning to order mine from.

http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/carpet.html#?nvpair=FFBrand%7CMetra&avf=N

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

is that carpet the one thats closer to felt almost? i want one that is a bit more plush like the carpet in my car.

No idea, haven't gotten any yet. I saw Metra brand mentioned, and that's what Crutchfield carries so I thought I'd mention it.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

is that carpet the one thats closer to felt almost? i want one that is a bit more plush like the carpet in my car.

Crutchfield has a toll free phone support number to call and ask. I paid 45$ for 5 yards through a brick and mortar shop and I can tell you it was worth the extra 5$ to know I was going to get what I wanted.

I'm sure parts express carpet is the same quality as the others. You'd be better off trying that auto trim website imo

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived