Sundown Audio

Amp issues

Chris Strausbaugh

gonna say that 7 year old amp probably has a weak cell in it 7 years is about all they last

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I had the same issue with an SAZ3000. Borrowed from a friend for a show, he told me it would be fine sometimes and other times it would sound like the gain was turned down. It did exactly that at the show I used it at. Scored a 144 in my first run, but then in my next run, scored a 132.2 or some dumb shit. Voltage drop was about the same each time. It was definitely the amp, but never sent it in to be fixed.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I had the same issue with an SAZ3000. Borrowed from a friend for a show, he told me it would be fine sometimes and other times it would sound like the gain was turned down. It did exactly that at the show I used it at. Scored a 144 in my first run, but then in my next run, scored a 132.2 or some dumb shit. Voltage drop was about the same each time. It was definitely the amp, but never sent it in to be fixed.

Yeah that sounds exactly what this one does. I opened it up and actually saw a few caps enlarged so I replaced those. I wonder if I should replace all of them just to be safe?

Yeah that sounds exactly what this one does. I opened it up and actually saw a few caps enlarged so I replaced those. I wonder if I should replace all of them just to be safe?

I just bought a new amp. Easier in the long run.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived