elgrande Posted August 10, 2014 Report Posted August 10, 2014 I need help designing a ported box for my hdc3 15 soundqubed im going to be running a ct sounds 1400.1 to it if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated thank you! This are my max dimentions I would like the sub and the port facing the same way wich would be up! Hight:24 Lenght:32 maxx Width:23 Would like it to be tunned around 34htz
Joe X Posted August 10, 2014 Report Posted August 10, 2014 So here is a suggestion within your dims, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide:
elgrande Posted August 10, 2014 Author Report Posted August 10, 2014 Ok thank you whre do I place the center of the cutting hole for the speaker or it doesn't matrer where the speaker ita placed at?
elgrande Posted August 11, 2014 Author Report Posted August 11, 2014 Oh ok thanks would it make a difference if I center it or wich would you recommend me
twisted1 Posted August 11, 2014 Report Posted August 11, 2014 Definitely don't need that triple baffle 09 mustang gt
Joe X Posted August 11, 2014 Report Posted August 11, 2014 Oh ok thanks would it make a difference if I center it or wich would you recommend me If you place the sub in the center you are not going to be able to place the brace (top to bottom) shown, that's why I would just place it where the figure shows. Now if the question is that a center placement could alter the box performance, I'd say not in your case, but I do recommend doing the bracing, both of them.
elgrande Posted August 11, 2014 Author Report Posted August 11, 2014 oh thanks is the box a good size or would you recommend if I was to make a bigger one?
Joe X Posted August 11, 2014 Report Posted August 11, 2014 No the size is fine, I would do it just as posted.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.