Looking for new Headunit

So I'm thinking about going back to a single if I can get the features I want.

So here's the shopping list in order of importance:

Digital Time alignment

5 band(at least) EQ

Crossover for high and low pass

3 sets of 4V preouts

I know a few of the usual suspects but would like to see a list of scary is WORKING got you guys and what you like about the higher end single dins.

.......go!

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Budget?

My vote is Kenwood Excelon, love my KDC-X997 all the way. The 998 is the new version, best I can tell only change was iPhone 5s compatibility/improvements.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX998/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X998.html?showAll=N&search=kdc_x998&skipvs=T

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

There is no budget here. The only head unit out of the question(for now), is the Pioneer P99RS. I'm trying to keep an open mind on brands(I've got my preference and anyone who knows me, knows which nuts I hug).

Anyone what might have input on this? I was looking for a broad range. Something that will allow an active setup and the time alignment. I may end up giving the Pioneer 80PRS a try. I've had a suggestion for an Alpine 9887 as well.

Nope im good

but you know if your going on a big system cant go cheap on the HU I honesty think the most i spent on a HU was 2200 back in the day when the first AVH7000 came out. Not to mention you gotta spend some of all that saved up cash for boxes

LOL :)

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Archived