Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

box help for 2 tantric shd


mr505

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I need help with a box design I have 2 12" tantric shd Subs they require 2.5 cf per sub but I'm going to be underpowering them only with a Ampere 5k so I was thinking of going with 3 cf per sub can any one help me we a blueprint I would like it 6 cf net tuned @33hz with a 8" Aero port thanks I appreciate for any help and I forgot I have 38 width 28 depth and 16 height thanks

Posted

Wow way underpowered. They should be on 5-6k a peice

I new someone was going to say that umderpowering because I don't want to go more than 5k plus I won't need to be reconing every few months plus if later on in the future. I can just add another Ampere 5k instead off having to buy more Subs or Subs that can handle that much power
Posted

Wow way underpowered. They should be on 5-6k a peice

LOL. Buy yourself a big amp then throw a clamped sine wave 5KW into one of those subs and let me know how that pans out. Also report back how the warranty claim goes.

OP: Do yourself a favor and run some modeling software. Some subs will get louder but peaky as you increase box volume and all will have a point where adding more box volume gains you little. I've had good results running over-damped 12's in 3 to 3.5 cubes each.

Posted

I'm not hating. I'm just saying wow that's way way underpowered. To be honest you can probably do to 6.5 cubes. Tantrics love big boxes

Ya I know but from murphy. said about 2.5 per sub @ 33 and 6.5 cf for both idk wouldn't it be if I was free airing them and o Ya tantrics shd. Can take some mean power brother them 4" coils 100lb monters
Posted

Wow way underpowered. They should be on 5-6k a peice

LOL. Buy yourself a big amp then throw a clamped sine wave 5KW into one of those subs and let me know how that pans out. Also report back how the warranty claim goes.

OP: Do yourself a favor and run some modeling software. Some subs will get louder but peaky as you increase box volume and all will have a point where adding more box volume gains you little. I've had good results running over-damped 12's in 3 to 3.5 cubes each.

that's what I was thinking to but I suck at software brother I'm No good with numbers

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2871 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...