kuda427 Posted August 15, 2014 Report Posted August 15, 2014 Hey all Ive got another project I have an extra new d9 12" in the closet Wanna build a box for it Im already building one for my Hertz 300..Thx Joe X But I want a box for this one to My system is a sql set up ..this will be an extra for a trunk mount Ported or sealed???? Pushing it with an ARC audio 2150se...plenty of Power It may not even get used depending on how my hertz sounds..lol Joe X...Wanna chime in on this one also???? Gonna build it the same time as my sealed ...while im in the shop cutting anyway...... Thanks Kuda
DollarBill1 Posted August 16, 2014 Report Posted August 16, 2014 I had two D9 10's and put them in a sealed box when I first got them and they sounded horrible almost got rid of them right then but I built the ported box as per the plans on their website and they sounded amazing on a D1500.1. 2009 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Current Set up - Headunit - JVC 6100BT Mids/Highs - Sundown SA-6.5 CS x2 - 4 Crescendo pwx6.5's - 2 Crescendo ft1's Mids/Highs amps - 2 Sundown SAX100.4 V2 Sub amp - NS-1 V2 Alts - 2 Singer 320a 6 Phase 2 XS D4800 under the hood 2 XS D3100's in back 2 Sundown Team 18's walled
kuda427 Posted August 16, 2014 Author Report Posted August 16, 2014 I had 2 in a ported box 4cf and they sounded good And loud too But Im not wanting to give up my whole trunk again I would definitely consider a nice ported design also Maybe something around 2 to 2.5 cf ported? ?
alaskanzx5 Posted August 16, 2014 Report Posted August 16, 2014 If you plan on running 2 different subs in one car it usually doesn't work out. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
poorfish88 Posted August 16, 2014 Report Posted August 16, 2014 I used have D9 in a ported 1.5box tuned to 34 Hz. Rockford power T 1000 amp, the old silver ones. And its an impressive speaker. I like the neo magnet. It was the first neo sub I bought.
kuda427 Posted August 16, 2014 Author Report Posted August 16, 2014 This sub is an option Seconds if you will Only one 12 will be put I car
kuda427 Posted August 16, 2014 Author Report Posted August 16, 2014 Ive read that this is optimal for this sub...ported 1.75CF at 29 or 30 hz So this is what I wanna go with Can anyone help with a design and cut sheet??
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.