Product: 15" Havoc

Manufactured by: Ascendant Audio

Purchased/received from: Bought it us from Andrizzle(CA.com)

3" 4 layer aluminum coil

Triple layer reinforced collar

Triple progressive spiders

Ultra rigid reinforced cone body

Hybrid foam surround

Push terminals

1250W RMS

DUAL 2 OHM COILS

Re 3.7 (1.85 Ohm per coil)

Fs 29.0

Qms 6.42

Qes .50

Qts .46

Mms 290 g

Vas 95.3 l

Sd 810 cm^2

Spl 88.5 1W/1m

Bl 19.8

Xmax 30mm

Rms 1250 W

I had been wanting one for a while now, but I wasn't sure how much power they could actually handle. I talked to a few people and got some good info and here it is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

First, I bought the sub used for under 300 but they are 340 new. When I first opened the box my first impression was damn! This is a very sexy sub. It has a very clean look to it which I would rather have than the boob cone. It has three magnets and is very light compared to my previous subs. So far everything is good!

I don't have the equipment or skill to put together a box so it's sitting in a box that was made for my old BTL which is between 4-4.5cf and tuned to about 30hz. Since I'm using the same box I'll be pretty much comparing the Havoc to the BTL. For power I have an Autotek MM4000.1 being ran at 1ohm on one channel. My car's voltage at idle is 13.4 when its warmed up and will drop to about 12.9 full tilt so it's not a full 2000w going to the sub.

Before the Havoc I ran a BTL, MT, and a SX so I'm not an expert on good sounding subs. Listening to music, the sub sounds much better even in the same box. I noticed in some songs that it actually kept up better with more rapid kick drums at high volumes where my BTL would pretty much roll them together. It is much better on the higher frequencies and gets low as well. The only thing I don't like about the sub is the low end. The BTL was a BEAST on the low end and the Havoc just didn't give me the same feeling. I'm sure if I had another box made for it, it would do much better.

This sub gets loud! I listened to both music and tones and I love it. I started out with a 20hz tone and it shook things up but by the time I went up to 30hz it just starting hurting my ears. The pain pretty much kept going on up to 38hz and then it was just loud in the low to mid 40s. I don't have a TL so I don't have any actual numbers. After about 20-30 minutes of this I checked the cone and it wasn't even warm. Again, it would probably do much better in another box.

Pros:

Good price whether you buy new or used

Looks great

Sounds great

Gets loud for a single 15"

Will take more than rated power in the right setup

Cons:

Doesn't have the low end that I love

I can't fit two of them in my trunk? I honestly haven't found anything else wrong with it yet but its still new (to me) so we'll see what else I notice.

Price - 10/10

I think this sub is worth every penny I spent for it

Looks - 10/10

I love simple look of it

Performance - 8/10

I want it to have more nuts down low but it did great overall

Customer Service - N/A

Its still new and I haven't had any problems with it so I can't say anything here

Overall - 9/10

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

thats some good info. i love the lows as well so no havoc for me :P

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

sounds like a good review. but one question......you said it hurt your ears at 30hz, but it had no bottom end? how is that possible?

Where did I say it had no bottom end? I said it wasn't as loud on the low end as my BTL in the same enclosure.

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

I'm sorry for not clarifying what I meant by not being satisfied with the low end. I listen to a lot of music in the low 30hz range. I also have a pretty good collection that will drop under 30hz(mid to high 20s). I'm not happy with the performance under 30hz. I know not everyone listens to music like that so I'm sorry if I scared anyone away from this driver by saying it doesn't get low enough for me.

Archived