Trying a little series tuned action I see! Hows it working out?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

WTF are you doing?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Trying a little series tuned action I see! Hows it working out?

yes sir! surprising better than i thought.. almost pretty much the same output or verry close to my 4th order build. To the ear of course

the havocs are really starting to shine in there sql department, im getting a smooth/mellow sound, sounds pretty flat well balance from 30- 70hz to the ear from. great bandwidth, for my taste, but for some reason my car plays/likes 35hz with authority (im guessing cabin gain boosted up really good)

subs are handling pretty well, way better cone control than the 4th order had, wired at .7 with a box rise of 2ohms subs are seeing around 3500-4000 measured with an smd amm-1

i was able to make the rear port tune lower but i couldn't really make the front chamber tune hire.. ( 28 hz and 45hz) any ideas come to mind?

WTF are you doing?

:rofl::lol: well you did say i need to put more power to them so i did :P .... made this baby into a 6th order again :diablo:

yes sir! surprising better than i thought.. almost pretty much the same output or verry close to my 4th order build. To the ear of course

the havocs are really starting to shine in there sql department, im getting a smooth/mellow sound, sounds pretty flat well balance from 30- 70hz to the ear from. great bandwidth, for my taste, but for some reason my car plays/likes 35hz with authority (im guessing cabin gain boosted up really good)

subs are handling pretty well, way better cone control than the 4th order had, wired at .7 with a box rise of 2ohms subs are seeing around 3500-4000 measured with an smd amm-1

i was able to make the rear port tune lower but i couldn't really make the front chamber tune hire.. ( 28 hz and 45hz) any ideas come to mind?

Lol, I bet that setup is ridiculously loud for "only" a pair of 12"s.

Like you said, your cone control should be a lot better since you have both a lower and upper tuning frequency where excursion is going to be reduced.

As far as your tuning goes, things get a bit tricky with series tuned boxes. The chamber tunings are inter-related to each other, so if you raise or lower the tuning of one chamber it will raise or lower the other chamber along with it. A 28 & 45 Hz tuning isn't too bad of a place to be, a little higher front chamber tuning would be nice but you are probably just losing out on a little bit of upper end output. Unfortunately I don't really have much advise to give you other than to just experiment with it and see what you can get it to do. I'll be very interested to hear about your progress.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

looks crazy have you meter them yet?

is you subsonic still set on off?

eq on the radio, should that be set flat on the lower end?

thanks man! i did does a 148db thru 33-55hz and peaks at 44 hz does 148.6db... sub sonic filter still set to off.. my headunit is pretty old doesnt have that feature ive been thinking of swapping it out

really like how the 6th order work.. but this was just an experiment... i have somthing up my sleeve :diablo:

Hmmmmmm, inquiring minds wanna know! ?

Man I was hoping you'd stick with the series BP6 for a little while longer, it was great to see someone else with a Trunk 6th build other than myself and a few others. After we talked on YouTube, I decided to experiment with a smaller enclosure before I go full on with my build in the Accord after reading one of Triticum's threads a while back about the interdependent tuning of the two 6th order chambers. Good luck with the new build man, and be sure to keep us posted.

Snoop.

Head-unit needed

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Archived