Basshead1984 Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 I have a Pioneer DEH-150MP. When I run a 60 hz or 1khz tone at 0 db I hear it clip at vol 48 of 62. This is with the eq on flat, no loudness, no sound retriever, and sla at 0 and sub level at 0. I tried to set my gain with a 50 hz 0 db tone at that volume at 47 with my Kicker DX250.1 amp and couldn't get the 24 volts AC out of the DMM. It read around 10 volts AC with the gain maxed out. I then lowered the gain and pushed the bass boost button on the amp that is +9 dbs at 40 hz. I then used a 40 hz 0 db tone at vol 47 on my head unit and raised the gain till I hit 24 volts AC and it still wouldn't hit that at vol 47! The amp gain was again at max. Now the head unit has a sub level that goes from +6 to 0 to -24 and according to the head unit manual the preout maximum voltage is 2V. Should I set my Kicker DX.250.1 amp's gain higher than vol 47 eventho I hear it clip at vol 48 on the speaker outputs and leave the sub level at 0 or raise it to +6 to get all the pre out voltage? I also don't have the remote bass control that came with the amp. Could that be a problem with setting the gain and reason why with no bass boost I hit such a low AC voltage?
n8ball2013 Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 you hear it clip? THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Basshead1984 Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 you hear it clip? Yes. I hear it especially when it's a 1 khz 0 db tone. THe sound goes higher in pitch and with the 60 hz tone the sound of hte bass changes and this all happens when I reach vol 48 of 62. I back it off to vol 47 and it is a clean sound again.
evermaxx Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 How do you hear clip exactly ? Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
Basshead1984 Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 The sound of the frequency will change basically and will be a kind of distorted sound.
CleanSierra Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 You hear distortion then, you don't hear a clipped signal. Human ears can't detect square waves. Welcome to the forum Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Basshead1984 Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 It sounded just like this when I hit vol 48 http://www.bcae1.com/images/wavs/clip01.wav That's why I backed it down to vol 47.
CleanSierra Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 Well, that's not a 50 Hz wave, so you have bigger issues if you're hearing 1000 Hz... P.S. I'm guessing on the 1000 Hz, but I'll bet I'm damn close. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Weigel21 Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 The sub volume of the HU needs to be set at +6. Are you using both the HU's LPF and the amp's LPF?
Weigel21 Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 And the change in the test tone should indicated onset of distortion/clipping. A square wave shouldn't sound quite the same as a normal sine wave.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.