Second Skin Audio

What makes a subwoofer really hit low?

dawgs007

Woofer selected, box design, amp's subsonic filter setting, and vehicle it is installed in.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

first off you have been told multiple times to go and so some searching! That is vital to understand your enclosure. It seems that most car audio enthusiast do not want to put in their own work these days and want everyone to "give" them specs and enclosure's instead of actually going out and learning and reading.

Second is that you stated you have no clue what your box is tuned to because you just bought it off craigslist. That is the second issue. After you do some research start with building your boxes.. if you don't have a saw have them to cut the wood for you.

The only way you will being to understand things is by putting in the work to learn it not just going around and asking questions.. once you start putting in the work then you will understand that there is much more to this audio thing..

but then again wtf do i know :unknw: im just a hater

:ninja:

first off, i have looked into enclosures. Exactly as i have stated in every topic of mine JUST GAINING YOUR OPINIONS. I don't argue with you guys. I don't attempt to prove you wrong. I sit back and absorb. If i sit and read topic after topic of information that i don't understand from the search bar. i'll have questions. That's why i ask here. So they can be answered. Otherwise, just reading foreign information to me will become overwhelming and it'll begin to blur and be a useless effort.

In this topic specifically, i believe i asked which part of a system really makes it hit low. In no manner is that asking to be spoon fed. It's looking to gain opinions and increase my knowledge.

I appreciate you guys' help and opinions immensely. It's just sone people obviously forget they were once beginners and not the pros at car audio that they are now.

End of rant. Lol

ya know what your right... but if you did do your research you would know that by taking one of your subs and putting it into a box so it can get a full 1200watts when your subs is only rated at 600rms leads me to believe that you have not done enough research.

but i will stay out of it.. good luck on learning

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

first off you have been told multiple times to go and so some searching! That is vital to understand your enclosure. It seems that most car audio enthusiast do not want to put in their own work these days and want everyone to "give" them specs and enclosure's instead of actually going out and learning and reading.

Second is that you stated you have no clue what your box is tuned to because you just bought it off craigslist. That is the second issue. After you do some research start with building your boxes.. if you don't have a saw have them to cut the wood for you.

The only way you will being to understand things is by putting in the work to learn it not just going around and asking questions.. once you start putting in the work then you will understand that there is much more to this audio thing..

first off, i have looked into enclosures. Exactly as i have stated in every topic of mine JUST GAINING YOUR OPINIONS. I don't argue with you guys. I don't attempt to prove you wrong. I sit back and absorb. If i sit and read topic after topic of information that i don't understand from the search bar. i'll have questions. That's why i ask here. So they can be answered. Otherwise, just reading foreign information to me will become overwhelming and it'll begin to blur and be a useless effort.

In this topic specifically, i believe i asked which part of a system really makes it hit low. In no manner is that asking to be spoon fed. It's looking to gain opinions and increase my knowledge.

I appreciate you guys' help and opinions immensely. It's just sone people obviously forget they were once beginners and not the pros at car audio that they are now.

End of rant. Lol

ya know what your right... but if you did do your research you would know that by taking one of your subs and putting it into a box so it can get a full 1200watts when your subs is only rated at 600rms leads me to believe that you have not done enough research.

That, sir, was me just being a complete idiot. Had i thought before i typed it may have hit me. Maybe lol. I can admit that.

But i never thought a mod on here would be the one criticizing a noob, or anyone in general, so hard.

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

End of rant. Lol

That, sir, was me just being a complete idiot. Had i thought before i typed it may have hit me. Maybe lol. I can admit that.

But i never thought a mod on here would be the one criticizing a noob, or anyone in general, so hard.

LOL. have a good day sir

:hi:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

you can read and search all you want, building and testing is the only way you will find what works best. Experience is king, and failing is the best way to learn.

as for your question, you could have the best sub and box and your car might just suck for playing low notes. It might be a low end monster.

I find that anyone here, mods included, tend to not spare criticism when they feel it's warranted. And personally, I don't think that's a bad thing.

How else are you supposed to know you're about to do/try something really boneheaded if someone with more experience doesn't point it out to you?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

No, sir, you have a great one.

Backups:

I find that anyone here, mods included, tend to not spare criticism when they feel it's warranted. And personally, I don't think that's a bad thing.

How else are you supposed to know you're about to do/try something really boneheaded if someone with more experience doesn't point it out to you?

I'm not disputing that. But for some reason he came off in an arrogant haughty manner. Just seemed like a damn know-it-all.

you can read and search all you want, building and testing is the only way you will find what works best. Experience is king, and failing is the best way to learn.

as for your question, you could have the best sub and box and your car might just suck for playing low notes. It might be a low end monster.

I'm beginning to think it's the box more than anything. But, I'm sure the 3" thick foam between the trunk and cab doesn't help my cause either lol.

Backups:

T/S specs and ENCLOSURE design.

Now use the search button and do some learning.

Your answer was in the very first response. It's your box.

Alright. Thanks for the opinions. Once I paint this damn door I'm gonna sit and do some reading. Kill me now lol.

Backups:

Archived