Sonic Electronix

I found this equation....is it the right one to use???

Fb - is the tuning frequency of your enclosure in Hertz.

Lv - is the length of your port in inches.

R - is the inside radius of your vent tube.

Vb - is the internal volume of your enclosure in cubic inches. To convert cubic feet to cubic inches, multiply by 1728.

If you want to use multiple ports, divide your enclosure volume by the number of ports you want to use, then use the result of this calculation as your Vb in the formula below to find out how long each port should be (a tip from JL Audio™).

LVFormul.gif

If you want to calculate square vents, the formula below will give you the value of R to use in the formula above.

SqConvrt.gif

In the formula above, a is the area of your square vent (height x width), and (Pi) is approximately 3.141592

and if it is right, and i want to use multiple ports, does each port have to be the specified length? for example...if i want 2 4" aero ports and the equation said i needed a length of 20 inches for correct tuning...would that be per port? or 2 ports cut to 10 inches???

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

ok, this is for the square vent.(the first sentance)

ok, is "R" for depth cause the whole radius thing don't make sense to me. i thinkn your right with the areo port part too. divide the box into amount of ports and go from there. i think.

Bills

Edited by soberbills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

this is the equation i have

TuningFormula.jpg

i have a program that uses excel to calculate tuning. calculates square and round ports. dno the exact math for round ones tho

that is the one i use as well...

and everything u said was pretty much right....if you set up the formula right for multiple ports, then the length you enter is the length each port needs to be....so if you enter 10" for the length and are using two aeros, then each port needs to be 10" to get whatever frequency you are going for....

i likes me some audio stuff...

when your building a wall inside of a car/truck/van how do you calculate the volume when not all sides are equal?

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?