Second Skin Audio

How can this design be improved upon??

Ritch40

I just looked at that per your suggestion.

these subs list a 20mm linear excursion which in that box the subs hit that point at 27Hz. Which is about 10Hz below box tuning.subex_zps0a6a4c8b.jpg

the eq/filter tab is the 5th tab over from where it says driver in win isd.

ya lol like i said its weird but once you sit back and think about it, it makes sense. and ya 28 you should be fine. i personally go lower because i like to play some songs that are around 26hz or so. but right on man! post some pics or vids when you get it done id love to see that 379 poundin!!!!

WHy not try a single bot with aero ports in the middle between the subs? Would make for such a simpler design, a lot less head aches and math work. Just a suggestion.

This is exactly what I was saying. If you don't have the funding for it op, what would you think about trying to make one out of pvc or an octoport out of wood?

thought about it?...yes i have actually.

in my specific case i really wanted to stay with a slot port just for the added rigidity to the box. these trucks ride rough and deal with a ton of viberation so the added strength had a big appeal to me in the case. For this same reason i will probably fiber glass all the inside corners (other that inside of the port) just to beef things up a little more too.

WHy not try a single bot with aero ports in the middle between the subs? Would make for such a simpler design, a lot less head aches and math work. Just a suggestion.

This is exactly what I was saying. If you don't have the funding for it op, what would you think about trying to make one out of pvc or an octoport out of wood?

thought about it?...yes i have actually.

in my specific case i really wanted to stay with a slot port just for the added rigidity to the box. these trucks ride rough and deal with a ton of viberation so the added strength had a big appeal to me in the case.

Sounds good OP. Wish you the best and I understand. I design ports in my boxes to act as braces also. Like to make mine as bulletproof as possible.

it certainly helps. these enclosures deal with a ton of violence as it is. and then i put one in an environment that just adds even more abuse....lol

and to be honest, this time around my tool list available is quite short too.

skill saw, jig saw, screw gun, and a rotozip.

so i need to keep things somewhat simple seen as i wont be building this one in my normal shop.

Archived