• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm how long have you had this running in your Prius. I have a 2008 and wanted a SQ system but I was always worried about power. I wouldn't use any where near this amount of power though.

• 2 years later...

love LOVE the idea of this insane system in a Prius but honestly its jsut gonna make the Prius shit the bed noticeably early. when they design these hybrids, they design them with a specfic supply/demand in mind. the entire system is built to function as a whole. putting several thousands of watts worth of load on the stock system and simply upgrading the onboard 12v batteries isnt gonna help. Outside of the potential risks mentioned by previous members, im genuinely curious as to how this level of bass will be handled by the main battery pack and its internals. love the build, love the idea but slacking off in regards to preventative upgrades is a bad idea here

1 hour ago, SpitLantra13 said:

love LOVE the idea of this insane system in a Prius but honestly its jsut gonna make the Prius shit the bed noticeably early. when they design these hybrids, they design them with a specfic supply/demand in mind. the entire system is built to function as a whole. putting several thousands of watts worth of load on the stock system and simply upgrading the onboard 12v batteries isnt gonna help. Outside of the potential risks mentioned by previous members, im genuinely curious as to how this level of bass will be handled by the main battery pack and its internals. love the build, love the idea but slacking off in regards to preventative upgrades is a bad idea here

Piss poor to come into someone's build log to shit on it.  Hindsight is 20/20 isnt it?  

This dude has ran this system like this for a few years now.  Whatever breaks can be replaced.  Not a big deal compared to the overall cost of the sound system.

Also, pretty sure this dude is a pioneer since I dont know of anyone else running this much power in a Prius.  I got huge respect for zoeboi.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

2 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Piss poor to come into someone's build log to shit on it.  Hindsight is 20/20 isnt it?  

This dude has ran this system like this for a few years now.  Whatever breaks can be replaced.  Not a big deal compared to the overall cost of the sound system.

Also, pretty sure this dude is a pioneer since I dont know of anyone else running this much power in a Prius.  I got huge respect for zoeboi.

where exactly am i "shitting on someones build log"?? please show me... i came in and respectfully voiced an opinion, i didnt attack him, didnt belittle him, nothing. a prius battery pack is $1,500-$1,900, inverter packs are expensive, etc. all im simply eluding to here is that running this much power without any significant changes to the system itself usually doesnt end well. just because the systems different doesnt mean we shouldnt try to upgrade accordingly ;)

On 12/6/2017 at 3:49 PM, SpitLantra13 said:

where exactly am i "shitting on someones build log"?? please show me... i came in and respectfully voiced an opinion, i didnt attack him, didnt belittle him, nothing. a prius battery pack is $1,500-$1,900, inverter packs are expensive, etc. all im simply eluding to here is that running this much power without any significant changes to the system itself usually doesnt end well. just because the systems different doesnt mean we shouldnt try to upgrade accordingly ;)

You have to realize this post is from 2015 and its about to be 2018 and the only problem I had with this prius was a blown head gasket, water  pump and hybrid battery which is lithium and they don't last long  system included or not. If u know how to install a system, you can fix a hybrid battery all it is a bunch a small battery wired in series. They just charge that much to get the elderly out of their retirement money. inverter still works perfect, hit 14.9v last night due to cold weather. I keep my eye on my voltage while im driving So I know if I'm putting to much on the electrical system... And this is ones those you never know until you try it. I tried it and i know ain't nothing happening to that prius except a broken trunk lock

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

Archived