Sunny Posted August 21, 2014 Report Posted August 21, 2014 Hello fellow users, I have 3 subs to choose from and I would love your help with the pros and cons of each. These are my choices and best prices ( I don't live in the US ) and they are all used : AA chaos 12 - 300$ ID IDMAX 12 V.3(The old design) - 355$ DC lvl 2 - 310$ I heard the IDMAX v.3 has a problem with its coil, any input on that? Plus , I am looking for is a sub that can play low , which one of those can handle the lows? I will be using a 2.5CF tuned to 35hz. Thank you!
Ritch40 Posted August 22, 2014 Report Posted August 22, 2014 if you already have the box you plan to use you may just want to do 1 of 2 things. #1 - figure out which sub will work with that box the best #2 - figure out which sub you like and build the enclosure based on that subs specs. what kind of power will you be using? what kind of music do you listen to? what kind of vehicle will these be going in to? All of these things and so much more go into what will be the ideal sub for you
GassenD Posted August 22, 2014 Report Posted August 22, 2014 Are you able to get stuff shipped to you come Sonicelectronics? I know they have the DC Lvl 2 12" for $199.00, Just don't know how much the shipping would be to wherever you are located.. '97 Explorer2 Sundown SA 15's SQ 2200D Kinetik KHC1800 (Front) Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back) KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC 130A Alt + Big 3
Sunny Posted August 22, 2014 Author Report Posted August 22, 2014 if you already have the box you plan to use you may just want to do 1 of 2 things. #1 - figure out which sub will work with that box the best #2 - figure out which sub you like and build the enclosure based on that subs specs. what kind of power will you be using? what kind of music do you listen to? what kind of vehicle will these be going in to? All of these things and so much more go into what will be the ideal sub for you I will be using a sundown sae1000D , I listen to hip hop, bit of dubstep and DnB and some mainstream and it will all go in an alfa romeo 159. I already have the box I will be using so how can I check which sub will fit it best? Are you able to get stuff shipped to you come Sonicelectronics? I know they have the DC Lvl 2 12" for $199.00, Just don't know how much the shipping would be to wherever you are located.. As I wrote in the thread, I don't live in the US so the prices are higher...
gally Posted August 22, 2014 Report Posted August 22, 2014 yo sunny...where are you from? 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
philrab Posted August 22, 2014 Report Posted August 22, 2014 Somebody didn't read the rules about vs. threads. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
Sunny Posted August 22, 2014 Author Report Posted August 22, 2014 yo sunny...where are you from? Italy. Somebody didn't read the rules about vs. threads. Somebody didn't read my post, I asked what are the pros and cons of those 3 subs.
philrab Posted August 22, 2014 Report Posted August 22, 2014 I'll just leave this here. Reposted from forum rules: NO Vs Threads no brand vs this brand or what would be louder if you have any problems or suggestions with or for these rules let us know. Team SMD 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
Sunny Posted August 22, 2014 Author Report Posted August 22, 2014 You are welcome to read my thread again, there was no vs. Back to my questions: if you already have the box you plan to use you may just want to do 1 of 2 things. #1 - figure out which sub will work with that box the best #2 - figure out which sub you like and build the enclosure based on that subs specs. what kind of power will you be using? what kind of music do you listen to? what kind of vehicle will these be going in to? All of these things and so much more go into what will be the ideal sub for you I will be using a sundown sae1000D , I listen to hip hop, bit of dubstep and DnB and some mainstream and it will all go in an alfa romeo 159. I already have the box I will be using so how can I check which sub will fit it best? How can I actually check which sub fits the best?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.