Aculous-2008 Dodge Magnum Build

So in keeping with the fucking ridiculous timeline I am currently working at....

Wire is coming in tomorrow, have the sound deadening supplies. Still waiting on router bits, wiring, subs, SHCA connects, volt meter, DD-1/CC-1.

Essentially the weather fucked me. But whatever more time to do donuts in the snow. I should get the go pro out next time....

Sounds very similar to what I'm dealing with..Parts and weather....Anyhow, nice ride and nice equipment. Tuned in to see it finished!

EDIT: So its normal to find .223 rounds in your car right? The 2 hour sound deadening job has turned into the 5 hour nightmare...that is not done and now I need a lot of acetone and my shop vac to actually work....

DSCF0474_zps6r1lbfue.jpgDSCF0478_zpsxdmzrx3b.jpg

DSCF0484_zpsuxw41acl.jpg

So all the bolts were rusted to shit and seized up. Each bolt was a different size and style, some star some hex. And some with blue locktite....sheared two of them off and one rounded off...

Motherfuck whoever put this thing together. Or the 50 people as it looks like. And thats right same shit on the other side....although they were all hex...15mm/13mm/5/16th/3/4 what the hell is wrong with people.

DSCF0485_zpshieiybfu.jpg

And apparently the amazing people that worked on this car already did the sound deadening for me...problem solved.

So after finding about two or three cans or dried coke on the bottom of the car with jelly beans, fired brass and dead bugs. I am going to have to fucking sanitize this bitch before I can put ANY sound deadening on it.

so I found out why my car is so loud rolling down the road. I am guessing that the 2 inch drain plugs are standard on the police edition....no idea...

Anyway going to try and find a way to take care of them. I have a rust bubble on the tailgate that is making the metal seam seperate a little bit so I may just go to a body shop and see if I then can fix the tailgate and weld up the 10 drain plugs...thats right...10 with metal and I'll use POR15 or something on it.

which leads me to the next thing...loooots of surface rust on the drivers side...the underneath of the car looks like it came off the showroom floor...meanwhile inside it looks like a model t thats been sitting in a field since 1920.

Going to wire wheel it tomorrow night and put some POR15 over it before I start deadening the car....

was at work for on a "comp day" that my boss told me to take because he said I was working to many hours...was called in to take care of "something quick" ended up being a full day.

Drove there with a passenger side seat that wasn't bolted in and no seat belts in a totally stripped car....maybe after this weekend I will actually get to work on the audio....

Tuned in for an Aculous build. I love seeing those SI HTs in car builds, I'm expecting this to get seismically low!!!

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Well finally got some more parts, changed up the build a bit:

So far:

DB3 MLV

Jute padding with some thermal goodness

(2)American Bass XD844s http://www.americanbassusa.com/product.detail/product_id/126

Alpine 9887 (enroute)

Sky High copper lugs and toolmaker connects

hydro crimper

Knukonceptz 1/0 kit and 4 guage kit

voltage guage

and today! figured out how to do my beyma 8"s. I was worried about putting them in the door since they weigh so much. (I recently had to help a buddy weld his S10 door hinges and its a bitch, don't feel like going through that with my dodge) So I decided to go with kickpods since I have so much room up front. But I was worried about my $170 drivers (more then my subs mind you) getting damaged. They are coated fiber/carbon composite cones so they have some durability to them but I didn't want someone kicking my speakers. (girlfriend in heels...) SO! looked at speaker grills and apparently boats guys like billet :) Or aluminum which is awesome for me. So I picked up some grills.

http://store.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/product.php?productid=16141&cat=254&page=1

Should stand up to a lot of abuse and I have speaker cloth and some mesh grill just in case to cover them up since I am not going to leave them bare.

More to come. Been bitterly cold but I think I am going to start on the sub enclosure tonight.

I am build a dual 8" Bill Fitzmaurice autotuba. Should be interesting. (Thanks Tritcum Ag for the help again sir!)

more 8's, love that people are using them more and more. I just pick up a set of Sundown Audio SA-8 v2's myself. have yet to play them though...waiting on some reducers for power/ground on the amp.

looking forward to seeing your boxes for them.

1997 Ford Expedition, Alpine CDE-133BT, Alpine KTP-445 inline 4 channel, Infinity Reference 6x8(all 4 doors), Kicker ZX500.1 @ 2ohms on Vibe BlackDeath QB69's in 2^ft ported enclose.

"Coming Soon"(all ordered awaiting dropoff to me)

2x Sundown Audio SA-8v2 D2, Lanzar Opti2000D monoblock, KnuKonceptz 0/1G wire kit plus extras, PAC LD10 and LC1, Custom Built Enclosure by ME!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived