Sonic Electronix

line driver causing alt/engine whine and thump?

ok,short story guy's...

i had a hds315 pluged on an alpine mrp-m1000 that was pounding real good....and i just bought a new sweet jbl 1400 z1 amp to get more power to the sub...gain was set at 3/4 on the alpine.....ont the jbl,gain is almost at max,and the sound still not powerfull as the alpine....sure the bass sound better than before,but pretty less louder...my radio is a chineese dvd crap that is suppose to guve 2v preout...and im not sure of it,so i add a memphis line driver to boost rca a little...that did the job pretty well,scored 142.4 db with it....but since,i have a alt/engine sound and it thump when i shutoff the truck...problem seem to be the line driver....but when i turn down the rca's with my remote,sound is fluxuating trough sub till remote is at off...can it be that thing too?this sound was not there before line driver was install too...

what should i do? add a ground loop isolator between linedriver and amp? change all ground? get rid of the line driver?

i have good power,rca and speaker wire are not on the same side of the truck...battery cable are short...

help me please!

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

1 kinetik 1800 & exide 85amph

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

Grimreaper spl team co-president

Archived