Second Skin Audio

Box design help one RF T2D2 12"

Orfeous

Trying to calculate and design a box for a Rockford Fosgate T2D212 and i want the box tuned to about 36Hz
and a box volume of 40 liters. But the problem is that the port length is going crazy for that. Using 4" port

Optimized for deep bass

Suggestions? I know that making a slotport can solve the problem but.. i like those aero ports..

You're not even close to the minimum recommended ported volume. 40l = 1.41cuft, minimum recommended from Fosgate is 1.75cuft, max is 2.25. You'll want more volume to get deeper bass, so do 2.25 cuft. or 63l in your case.

If you use one round port, at 4'' diameter and assuming it will be a flared areoport, it has to be 24.6 cm long.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Yeah, i know.. that the box needs to have a lot of more volume.. but.
Got a friend that is helping me with this and this is what he was calculating..

But as you say.. i agree 40l is too small. Recommended vented is ~50l but tuned to 40Hz

Why is the recommended tuned to 40Hz and box tune in general is like 32-36Hz

Problem is to fit it in my trunk also :)

2.25 cuft isn't very big, should fit in the back of your car no problem.

Not sure why there would be a recommended tuning, but you can tune it to whatever you damn please.

EDIT: Rough dimensions for 60l would be 28 x 68 x 45 cm.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

A single 4" wont work, instead 3 3" is what RF recommends.

So here's something to work with if you really want round ports, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3":

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

1t212cut.jpg

1t212.jpg

Ok, i really appreciates your suggestions but i feel kinda lost :)
One tells me 4" port is ok, one tells me it isnt... one tells me 3" port must be used.. :)

A 4" port is used for a box for T1D212 why didnt rockford use that for T2D212 also?

the bigger (in size, not length) for circle ports, the less chance for port noise like you're having. but too big and the sub wont play well.

edit: two 3" ports is more port than 1 4" port.

Archived