Second Skin Audio

Box design help one RF T2D2 12"

Orfeous

Got my pieces cut out now :)

But it will be a tight fit i think.

Ports 3x3" ports at 40cm total per end-to-end

Maybe i can fit a 4" port at 30cm end-to-end?

I did some playing in bassbox pro and this is what it looks like with one 4" port. Not correct xmax and xmech. Portlength for 3" is 355mm instead of 400mm. So take my driverspecs and ports with a cup of salt or what you say

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23939247/bassbox4.pdf

This with three 3" ports

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23939247/bassbox3.pdf

This with one 6" port:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23939247/bassbox6.pdf

20140920_013722.jpg20140920_015547.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Going for some changes.. skipping round aeroport. Going for slot ported box and 19mm MDF. Box can be max 400mm height and about max 800mm width. Depth can be kinda big too but i want it as small as possible ofcourse. Likley 34-36Hz tune. Is that box possible to fit with whitin my max dimensions?

Does 19mm MDF need braceings inside Or will it work anyways? Two baffels?

Ok Orfeous 19mm MDF will work fine, here is a suggestion for a slot ported version in metric units, wood thickness of 19mm, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 7 cm, figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

rft2.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

45s as follows if you want to do them:

turn.jpg

You can also look on their website and see that their aero port no design at a smaller net volume, lower tuning, and smaller port area gave them a higher db if I remember right.

Just figured id throw that out there.

Can you please explain what you meant with that?

I also wonder why those parameters are different between owners manual and on their webpage?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/Support/rftech.aspx?type=rectangle&units=standard&wood=.75&method=external&height1=16.5&width=22.25&depth1=14#boxadvisor

Look at the bottom of the page and and compare with woofers manual.. slightly different numbers like FS, VAS...

I seam to recall a post here recently that RF changed their enclosure recs on some of the Power subs. Can't recall the specifics, but that may be why.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

• 5 months later...

Ok Orfeous 19mm MDF will work fine, here is a suggestion for a slot ported version in metric units, wood thickness of 19mm, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 7 cm, figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

rft2.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

45s as follows if you want to do them:

turn.jpg

Hi!
I wonder if you have any graphs or something of the box design that you did for me last year?
In what program did you calculate everything with?

Modeling response curves are irrelevant for the most part for predicting in car response, you can do some measurements of your own but for the most part it matters what was your experience. For some modeling software you can try winISD as it's free.

Archived