Sonic Electronix

new box is in! road to 150db just a few tenths off

I loose 3db windows up lol

I did a 149.6 in the kick. Damn low voltage!!!=(

Yup, get that voltage steady! I have a hard time myself with two of the same Amps strapped. Anyways, 149 is impressive with just 1 AQ 3500 dipping into the low 12's.

Have fun, you will see that 50 soon with chassis modifications.

Does your sunroof flap open under heavy bass? When I shove a towel above the sunroof door I can do 50's on music. Without it, it will only BURP 50's. It really kills output.

Nice score for that power and some 12's

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Sooooo close! I'm sure that 150 is there for sure. When you metered in the kick did you try opening the passenger side door during the burp? I've seen this technique used quite a bit and definitely helps. In my Zx3 when I would burp in the kick with the car sealed I would see 156's, but when I would start with the door cracked and then push it open during a burp it would get up into the 157's. Actually the best it did was a 157.3 that way.

I haven't metered my new car anywhere but the dash sealed but you've inspired me to try it next time I get on a meter.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I meter with windows sealed and driver door open.

I'm gonna have my batteries fully charged up so I can get this 150. Maybe my car is just a little tough to break that 150. Not a big deal lol I'll get it

Try this. Meter with the driver window down then put it back up and try the same thing with the sunroof open and see if a buddy can stop the flex on the roof. Closer to 150 yet?

Archived