my first big build 3 15 sp4s on ampere 8.0 TFE 4th order blow through 06 avalanche

I'll be waiting for a video update. Can't wait to build my avalanche. I'm watching ur build for tips. Looking great so far man. I'm concerned my bed leaks so I don't want to put my amp in the rear.

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

I'll be waiting for a video update. Can't wait to build my avalanche. I'm watching ur build for tips. Looking great so far man. I'm concerned my bed leaks so I don't want to put my amp in the rear.

yeah my bed leaked also. i had to buy a new cover for it.the factory panels are way overpriced and not that great imo. i ordered a vinyl back cover with panels underneath and haven't had a leak problem yet.gotta make sure theres no water coming in before putting all that equipment in there.

yeah my bed leaked also. i had to buy a new cover for it.the factory panels are way overpriced and not that great imo. i ordered a vinyl back cover with panels underneath and haven't had a leak problem yet.gotta make sure theres no water coming in before putting all that equipment in there.
No joke. My plan it to seal the box and rino line it for durability. Also maybe getting a dc9.0k as well and if I do I'll prob switch from two 18's to three 15's.

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

No joke. My plan it to seal the box and rino line it for durability.

i put 2 coats of smd sunflash resin, and then 3 coats of raptor liner on the outside of the box.i didn't want to take any chances,so i replaced the bed cover also.water will damage anything no matter how strong you build it over time.

so this morning i decided to check the gain on the 9k. i kept wandering how my mids and highs are keeping up with the lows. i have 3 sets of 6.5 that are getting about 400 rms total . put a fresh 9v battery in the dd-1 and the gain showed distortion just a tad after halfway. went for a drive,and got on it a little after listening for a while.i can barely hear the words anymore,gonna have to upgrade soon. rear view mirror is now useless,and i feel like i just got off a wooden roller coaster. no smell from the subs,and the amp was actually cold.going to get some help making a video after the game. ;)

Did you dd-1 your deck again?

No,the deck was set way before i put the 9k in.When i set the 9k the first time ,i kept getting low battery light on the dd-1. kept switching batteries same thing kept happening.the batteries were new,but i guess cheap.went and bought some energizers today, and after four times repeating the gain settings,i got this same spot were the red light would blink.the light never stays solid,unless you go 3/4 or more,that can't be right? :shrug:i did back the gain down a lot when i set it with cheap batteries to be safe.

Archived