my first big build 3 15 sp4s on ampere 8.0 TFE 4th order blow through 06 avalanche

Finally ran all my new rca wires, and after adding another power wire to the battery bank, the alt whine is a little worse. Also found out i got a gas leak under the truck,so i gotta take care of that now.

Pioneer HU?

yes , i tried changing grounds it didn't work. the rca can't be grounded either, i don't think. they are wire connect rca.

Link of style RCA's you are using? Don't know wire connect RCA's are?

avh4000nex_zpspiuoaf91.jpg this is the back, tried grounding them anyway, and it didnt work.

Actually ran the rca yesterday,( not just through the middle of the truck) and strangely the whine is 95 percent gone. Im happy, i can live with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

went to a small local show today and got on the meter. Im not really chasing numbers just curious. after running a sweep on the truck, they told me my peek was 42 i thought that was high for were i wanna play. sealed on the dash was only 148.7, drivers door open, on the dash,kick and headrest 149.8 is all i could do. I only played test tones, i think it sounds louder on music, but didn't have enough time to check. Everyone there thought i would get a 50+ easy with my setup, guess i gotta work on some stuff to get there. amps were cool and subs never got warm, after slamming it hard for 10 minutes straight. theres gotta be more in it.

Archived