LumberZach Posted August 27, 2014 Report Posted August 27, 2014 So I bought a new boat and found a place to put my 2 SA-8 v2's. The only problem is that this is the only spot I can put them, and don't think it's big enough. The space I have to work with is 23.5"W x 13.5"D x 11"H. There may be a quarter inch of wiggle room on each of those measurements. I'm looking for a ported design that will fit in this space and give me maximum output. I will be feeding each sub 700W. My old box for a single sub was tuned to 32hz, and was pretty happy with the output. The main music genres I listen to are rap, trap, and dubstep if that helps with things. I am very proficient with box building. Any ideas someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Joe X Posted August 27, 2014 Report Posted August 27, 2014 You may have space for a good single 10" on a single 4" aero that could take the 1400W like a Fi Q 10"
LumberZach Posted August 27, 2014 Author Report Posted August 27, 2014 You may have space for a good single 10" on a single 4" aero that could take the 1400W like a Fi Q 10" So I guess it's impossible to make the 2 SA-8's work in the dimensions given?
Joe X Posted August 27, 2014 Report Posted August 27, 2014 Have you tested the old box on the location you intend to place the new one?
OrionStang Posted August 27, 2014 Report Posted August 27, 2014 Oh, Joe X, boats are different. OP, what type of boat is this and in what area do you want the subs? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
LumberZach Posted August 27, 2014 Author Report Posted August 27, 2014 Oh, Joe X, boats are different. OP, what type of boat is this and in what area do you want the subs? This boat is a Baja 272 Islander. I would like to put the subs under the rear seat.
LumberZach Posted August 27, 2014 Author Report Posted August 27, 2014 So I discovered that I can open up the opening a bit more to fit a bigger box. The new dimensions of the space are 26"W x 15"D x 12"H. I think I came up with a box for the 2 SA-8's with each getting about 700W RMS each. Someone let me know if this box looks suitable.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.