do not flush the transmission. it will make it fail if you do. what you have to do is change the filter and a few quarts of fluid. usually 5 to 6

you can get away with replacing some of the fluid then repeating 500 miles. if your tranny has had a flush regularly then you should be fine

when i did my trans flush i dropped the tranny pan and put a new filter and gasket in and could have dump the pan and filled it again but the fluid that i dumped was still in great shape so didnt bother dumping it a again.

video of the process i did incase your curious

what i did to mine was disconnect the pressured line and turned the car on let it drain and top off. repeat 2 more times then dropped the pan and changed the filter and top off again. if your fluid is very dark and smelly do small amount of fluid change

Since it hasn't been maintained I would just drop the pan change the filter refill the trans then Drain and refill again after some drive time. Absolutely do not pull the trans line and start the car that's a good way to end up with bad trans.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Since it hasn't been maintained I would just drop the pan change the filter refill the trans then Drain and refill again after some drive time. Absolutely do not pull the trans line and start the car that's a good way to end up with bad trans.

thats how some shops do it.. you just have to keep adding fluid as you drain

besides. when the car is on P or N the clutches are not engaged.. you will have serious issues if you shift with low fluid

i have started cars with very low fluid to the point they wont move when you put it in gear and never had an issue. the issue comes when you try and drive it around

thats how some shops do it.. you just have to keep adding fluid as you drain

If you've been to a shop that does that I wouldn't go to that shop ever again.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived