I am new to this forum so sorry if i am in the wrong forum area for this type of quesion. I am thinking about running one of these DC level 4 12's in a small hatchback car with the skar 1400.1 and a skar 85.4 for the mids and highs. I am running a pioneer avic 940 bt and the alpine type r components in the front doors and the type r coaxle speakers in the rear dash also running a kinetik hc 1200 and a factory battery and all 1 and 4 gauge wiring. So any opinions are greatly appreciated but please im not one to bash a certain brand so please dont. Everyone has an opinion just certain ones should only be expressed in the right situation.

I am not building the box i am not too handy with wood at all. Do you think i should go up on the amp like up to a 2000.1 or do you think the 1400.1 would be sufficient since it is a 1400 rms but 2800 maxx? I am thinking about having my local shop build a ported box tuned to about 40hz and with the 1.68 cubes for the .18 displacement.

Do you think I should stay with the recommended box size or shoould i go up cubes? I am limited on space to a point but i do have room but i do not want to bottom the speaker out and i have heard it depends on the size of the box.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tn2k
      I am curious. With DC Audio, can somebody help me understand the benefits of using the upgraded soft parts? Like for example Using a dc audio 12" level 3 motor with the upgraded level 4 coil spider and surround, as opposed to just getting a 12" level 4 motor and coil ? Would the level 3 motor with level 4 upgraded parts be more "musical" than a level 4 motor with level 4 coill? Obviously they would both handle the same power...
    • By Rich Schenk
      Hello my name is rich and i am currently building a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer my daily driver into a 5k daily driver. I have bemen doing car stereo since i was 15 and this is going to be the second most advanced system that i have ever put together. So need as much help and criticism as possible. Want to learn as much as i can and have a nice build.
      If you haven't read my other build log i started building a 97 hyundai Tiburon and after having my system up and going for a little over a month the trans blew. was loud as hell needed work but oh well. so had to find another daily driver and wasn't going to give up system so decided to go truck route (3 kids and one on the way.)

My goals for this car are
      upper 140s-150 dbs (if possible and musical) (not metered yet) to learn as much as possible (fiberglassing, body work, vinyl work) decent sq (don't want subs to over power everything) start with equipment that i have and slowly but eventually build to bigger and better equipment Build it better then my 03 mitsubishi lancer oz rally (that i miss like a child) alpine iva-d310, pxa-h701, 420i, audiocontol matrix plus, ps2 slim in glovebox, cf Vr804, 2 Vr1000d, excessive amperage 200 amp alt, 2 kinetic power 2400, 1 run tsunami 0, big 3 0 Tsunami, 2 sets of cf x6s one front one rear, 2 mtx 9500 12in d4s, tons of dynamat extreme, varad 1000 color leds in front foot wells, yellow leds in pocket under radio, yellow florescent lights in door pockets walker front bumper canary yellow Loud and Clean daily driver (final goal) (demos, car shows, and competitions) Here is the list of the equipment that i currently have
      HU: pioneer deh 80prs (network mode on going active) RCAs: Streetwires, Connection Singer 340 six phase hairpin amp alternator XS Power D3400 under hood with Custom 1/2 Aluminum Bus Bars (made by me) 1/0 Gauge 3 runs SHCA OFC Big 4 double 1/0 OFC SHCA OFC and Stinger OFC (eventually All SHCA OFC) Distrobution Blocks SHCA, and directed audio 2 Stinger SVMR Voltmeter (Red) (one for front batt one for sub amp)
      Skar sk85.4 85x4 @ 4 ohms on 2 sb acoustics neo dome tweeters MMATS Sq4100 100x4 @ 4ohms on arc audio ks6006 Subs: 4 12in AB xfl d2s have 2 more chilling and a broken one Sub Amp: DC 5k with TM dual Inputs and TM quad speaker imputs 4 XS Power D3100s with custom 1/2 aluminum buss bars in rear (made by me) Here is a list of equipment that i want or need may change

2 sets 6 1/2 ( 2 up Front) door pods Cpillar wall this biznatch!!! Eventually manup and bpillar this rammer Second skin pro Lots and Lots!!! get better HU and eq/processor​​ ( Pioneer 80prs )( and maybe a Tablet?)
    • By DC/FosgateBumpin
      I’m new to the forum, but have been a huge fan of Steve’s for a long time now. So naturally, I decided to come to his forum to hopefully get some advice on completing my system for my 2013 Impala LTZ. I already have a Pioneer AVH-x5800bhs installed, as well as some infinity kappa 6.5” components up front, and 6x9’s in the rear deck. They’re being pushed by my Fosgate t400.4. I’m having my sub enclosure built as I’m typing this. I’m running 2 DC Audio Level 4 15’s on a T2500.1bdcp. I just purchased the 8 channel Fosgate 360.3. Wanting to upgrade my components up front to something that can handle the power that t400.4 puts out, running an active front stage on that amp. Ordered a t400-2 to run some rear fill, so I’m gonna need some good 6x9’s to run on the t400-2. I don’t want to do any door mods to fit anything  I’d prefer something that will work in he factory locations with as little customization as possible. 
      Can anyone suggest some mids and highs for me? 
      Won’t let me upload pics of my subs and amps. File sizes must be too large since that error message keeps popping up. 
      Update- link to pics below  
      https://postimg.org/gallery/1u7obg2a6/
    • By anr102990
      Got a Skar DDX 12 dual 2 ohm sub 1000w RMS. Christmas gift. Will be going in my 2005 F150 supercrew. I currently have 2 Alpine SWS 10d4 in a sealed Fox Box under the seat with an MB QUART amp, amp come free with the purchase of the 2 subs so it wasnt a bad deal IMO. That system will be going in my wifes Camry, building slot ported box now for it.  Anyways im looking for a louder setup, but also musical as well. I am capable of building my own enclosure, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking somewhere around 2.25 to 2.75 cu ft after displacements tuned around 35 hz with a 6" aero port but am open to other designs. I have never had an aero port design, always slot ports and was curious to try it out. i have yet to purchase an amp for the sub and was looking into the Skar RP 1500 wired to 1 ohm but am also aware of box rise...so may save a little more for a bit larger amp. Also would like to add that i will be setting the box on the floor in place of where the smaller portion of the rear seat will fold up, for now anyways. Thanks in advance. 

• By Triticum Agricolam
      I've wanted an XJ for almost 10 years and I just recently was in the position to pick one up.  I got a 1997 with 221k miles, the 4.0 inline six, and auto.  Cost me $2k.  Its exactly what I've been looking for. The plan for this vehicle is to just be my running-around rig.  I would like to do some mild to moderate wheeling with it, and I want something I can do whatever I want with without worrying about practicality much.  I don't have a lot money to put into this so everything is going to be pretty budget focused, but its still a whole lot better than nothing!!!   Anyway, here it is.  Its not much to look at, but I don't see it for what it is, but for what it can be :-)   Looks a bit better under the hood after some effort with the pressure washer.   The Jeep needs a fair amount of maintenance done to it, along with some mechanical upgrades.  From there I'll get to the audio system work.  First order of business was to get the thing up on the lift.  I had to do some shop Tetris to fit the Jeep along with my tractor into our shop (which is also, apparently, my wife's crossfit gym).     The maintenance issues that needed to be addressed were: Replace all fluids & filters Fix hood latch Rebuild rear brakes Replace spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor Replace oil pressure sending unit Replace rear main seal, oil pan gasket, & valve cover gasket   Here some pictures of some of that work. Old brakes   New brakes   Under the valve cover, a bit sludgy.  I took the pic after I cleaned it up at bit too.   I decided it would be easier to clean the carpets with the seats out, they are a bit of a mess.   Unfortunately the front passenger foot well was soaked in water, pulling up the carpet revealed some car cancer.   I forgot to take a picture of it, but that mess was wire brushed off, treated with some acid-based rust converted, and then given a couple coats of POR-15 rust preventative paint.  I think the water came in from a leaking plug in the foot well.  It was right were water would get flung in coming off the front tire.  I sealed everything up well so I think this problem should be fixed.  Fortunately nothing had rusted all the way through.
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 269 Guests (See full list)