Really Could Use Some Advice

You should definitely keep on going......finish it out and you will see the rewards. Both my boss and I have our Design degree's, and it has opened so many doors. It not bad when you can make $70k or more right out of college doing something you love (depending where you live).

Thats exactly my point. I love sketching.....not spacing out on a computer 10 hours a day...which is where this industry is going. Nothing is done by hand anymore except for beginning ideas. the rest is just 3d programming and layouts.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

You don't have any real world experience yet... college isn't how it's like once you get into your field. I did an internship for Dow Chemical and it was NOTHING like school I learned a ton more there and had alot more fun. You never did answer my question, do you goto lawerence tech or not? if you do don't they do a co-op program of some sort? that was the big thing they were trying to sell me on.

Also how many credits are you taking right now? maybe you should cut your workload back... who cares if you graduate in four years... I'm on a five year plan... i'd rather graduate in five with a good GPA and ENJOY college... than graduate in 4 with a not so good gpa because i overloaded myself and had no fun.

My personal thought... I'd rather spend my 40hours a week infront of a computer and bring home 70-100grand a year, and have car audio to escape to and spend my money on... or you could work at a shop make 25-50grand a year... maybe more if you get in somewhere good.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

thats why i joined the military.... i still get to work on computers like want too... and i make a great living straight out of highschool

...and you get to goto the middle eaest. I'm not trying to dog on you or anything, but that's the almost EXACT same phrase my buddy said our senior year before he left for the marines... eight months later or whatever it was when he came back to visit, it wasn't the same phrase. It was "yah i wish i would have stayed here with you guys, now i gotta go to iraq to work on computers.".

The army isn't for everyone, especially with the morons that run this country. I'm fortunate enough that my parents make good money and can afford to send me and my sister off to four year institutions, and we didn't have to join the armed forces. I guess that's why I try hard at school, because I relize my parents are spending their money on me... and i'd feel bad wasting 10grand a semseter or whatever it is.

Edited by Shyne151

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

You don't have any real world experience yet... college isn't how it's like once you get into your field. I did an internship for Dow Chemical and it was NOTHING like school I learned a ton more there and had alot more fun. You never did answer my question, do you goto lawerence tech or not? if you do don't they do a co-op program of some sort? that was the big thing they were trying to sell me on.

Also how many credits are you taking right now? maybe you should cut your workload back... who cares if you graduate in four years... I'm on a five year plan... i'd rather graduate in five with a good GPA and ENJOY college... than graduate in 4 with a not so good gpa because i overloaded myself and had no fun.

My personal thought... I'd rather spend my 40hours a week infront of a computer and bring home 70-100grand a year, and have car audio to escape to and spend my money on... or you could work at a shop make 25-50grand a year... maybe more if you get in somewhere good.

whats this fun you speak of? wish I had some of that. No its not fun. theres nothing fun about it. I dont think fun and 60 hours on a computer ever came to my mind. But no I dont go to Lawrence. I go to CCS. its design focused, competing with the graduate school for design out in Pasadena. Im on more of a 5 1/2-6 year plan really. I transferred and lost credits so now Im kinda sophmore almost junior maybe. To be honest I find it hard to enjoy any part of a teacher telling you your not good enough. Im leaning alot more towards gettin the fuck outta here. I dont know....cant really associate words like "fun" and "enjoy" in this decision. Because its netiher. Yeah its nice when theres a rare instance when the teacher compliments you, but nothings changed. Like I said, Im hard on myself enough, I really dont need someone to tell me how much my work sucks. Help me, tell me what Im doing wrong and how I can fix it, but dont stand there and shit on it and not provide ways to improve.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

whats this fun you speak of? wish I had some of that. No its not fun. theres nothing fun about it. I dont think fun and 60 hours on a computer ever came to my mind. But no I dont go to Lawrence. I go to CCS. its design focused, competing with the graduate school for design out in Pasadena. Im on more of a 5 1/2-6 year plan really. I transferred and lost credits so now Im kinda sophmore almost junior maybe. To be honest I find it hard to enjoy any part of a teacher telling you your not good enough. Im leaning alot more towards gettin the fuck outta here. I dont know....cant really associate words like "fun" and "enjoy" in this decision. Because its netiher. Yeah its nice when theres a rare instance when the teacher compliments you, but nothings changed. Like I said, Im hard on myself enough, I really dont need someone to tell me how much my work sucks. Help me, tell me what Im doing wrong and how I can fix it, but dont stand there and shit on it and not provide ways to improve.

Fun = having friends? going out on the weekends? going out on the weekdays? chilling with your friends? that is fun. It's detroit! there is a shit load of fun stuff to do... just you don't have the time i guess.

I googled your school... doesn't look very "fun"... you're right.

Sounds like the school is just the wrong kind of environment for you... or the way your last post came off it makes it sound that way. I could only imagine if I had shitty professors for all my classes. Luckily my CS department the professors use you as a how do i put it "bragging rights"... so they help you as much as possible.

Well good luck I suppose... did you research any other schools?

All the people that I know that went to art schools were really weird and love it, I don't think I could do it. Too weird of an atmosphere to me.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

I LOVE computer programming and coding, HTML/CSS hard coding. I used to program 8-10 hours a day when I was going to school, then stay up till at 3-4am coding my own stuff. I love it to death. But I live in MB SC, and there are no jobs for it- so I dropped out. I don't make a whole lot with the hands-on work I'm doing now, and I really want to do something else where I can start off around 30-35k a year, but jobs making even that much are scarce in this area. Then they opened a theme park that needed IT people and I didn't get the job because I didn't have a degree. :(

I would do almost any kind of computer work as long as it payed bills good and I didn't have to move, but without a degree you may be the best for the job but no one wants you. Stick with it, it'll get better. Car audio is fun but you'll very rarely make a good living from it. You might want to look into cutting your load a bit and picking up a summer course- it worked great for my wife like that.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

hahaha yeah it is a weird atmosphere. But they tend to keep fine art students in the other building so we rarely see them. just alot of teachers who have enormous egos. Like I said, I know I will probably be makin more with this degree, but it comes down to the balance between having money and possibly being unhappy; and not having as much money but being happy. I do have friends here haha. But yeah, we usually hang out and do homework...haha fun right?

Edited by mbdblue

hahaha yeah it is a weird atmosphere. But they tend to keep fine art students in the other building so we rarely see them. just alot of teachers who have enormous egos. Like I said, I know I will probably be makin more with this degree, but it comes down to the balance between having money and possibly being unhappy; and not having as much money but being happy. I do have friends here haha. But yeah, we usually hang out and do homework...haha fun right?

Fun will come when you're finished with college. You won't be working near as hard at a real job in the real world as you do in college, you'll have lots more free time, and you'll have the money from a good job to enjoy it.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Fun will come when you're finished with college. You won't be working near as hard at a real job in the real world as you do in college, you'll have lots more free time, and you'll have the money from a good job to enjoy it.

x2....

EG Limo

Chrysler 300's Stretched

Lambo Doors

20" Rims

tada! what i've been saying the whole thread :)

I've taken one art course and dropped it the first day, the professor was a total DICK. I also worked for my school for awhile and tried avoiding the arts department at all costs possible. So I could only imagine going to a school full of them man! :)

Edited by Shyne151

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995