Second Skin Audio

Ordering sound system for new car subwoofer options

masonv6

Hello, this week I will be ordering my sound system for my '08 Grand Prix GXP. What I am extremely stuck on is exactly what subs to get. I am trying to budget my self when I order everything. When I order I want to try and order as much as possible from the same place to try and receive the lowest price on everything. Some items will not be able to be order from the exact same vendor, but alot of it can be depending one which way I go with companies I select. I am trying to keep my subwoofers under the $200 each price range. I want (2) 12" subs.

I am wanting the best bang for my buck I can get. I am not looking to do an over the top system and shake my car apart. I just want something that sounds nice and can get some what low.

Here are the subs I am looking at:

(1) Sound Quebed HDS312 - 1200wrms $159/each

(2) C2 Audio 12" Threatcon 2 - 600wrms $160/each

(3) C2 Audio 12" Team 1K - 1000wrms $219/each (over my price range a little)

(4) Shok Trition 12" - 500wrms $170/each

(5) Sundown Audio SA12 - 600wrms $200/each

Out of these 5 which is the best bang for your buck. Which can get the loudest. Which of these are under rated for power. What can all of them really handle for power.

I just want to make the right choice when buying this week and would like some options on everything. My first choice would probably be the HDS312, but IDK if that would be the best choice considering I am no where near a sub expert. I have never herd any of these subs in person, so I was hoping I could get some input from my knowledgable people

Thanks

i can't say I've every heard any of these subs in person but id recommend getting a better quality sub used like SA 12s or similar for around the same price range. You can also order a new PSI platform 1 for about $215 without any upgrades. Id say look around craigslist or maybe someone on here have better quality subs for your price range you'd be surprised why you can find. Hope this helps, good luck.

Vs. thread locked in 3...2...1...

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Its a vs thread cause you are asking about different brand subs, which is very specifically against the forum rules you either didn't bother to read or are wholesale ignoring.

So, good luck figuring it out on your own.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

I've always wanted to try your option #2. I currently rock the hds300 12s. Dang good subs considering the cost.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

DUBNDODGE looking at your setup that is kinda everything I was thinking of ordering are you pretty happy with it over all?

I would have to go with the XS Power 3400 for my car, but the Mechman S series is the same as what I would have. what kind of voltage drop are you seeing with your setup

I have only heard or installed two of those subs and that is the HDS3 and SA12, both of which sounded great and the people were (and still are) happy with them in their car. I have heard good things about C2 and their new stuff. I have also heard of Shok but havent heard any reviews about their products.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

definatley a VS thread

Read the forum rules, this is a no no

Good job Mr. rentamod. As if this hasn't been stated already.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived