GorillaFIngeRs Posted September 2, 2014 Report Posted September 2, 2014 I already posted this but realized later that i posted it in the wrong place so sorry for the double post but I havent been getting any feedback. I am looking for help in designing a aero ported box for this 15, I have 16hx26wx17d that i can use. I'm looking to tune @ 32hz unless someone suggests otherwise. Thanks for the help. AQ3500.115" Fi SP41/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground 1/0 Sky High Big 3 UpgradePioneer AVH-4200NEXXS Power D1200 Underhood Intimidator Gel In Trunk CES 250A Alternator
SQL50 Posted September 4, 2014 Report Posted September 4, 2014 I'm on break right now, I'll help you out with it after I get off work. I have a p3 15 with 3 cu ft @ 35hz and it does it's job, I'll try to give you a design that'll hammer.
SQL50 Posted September 4, 2014 Report Posted September 4, 2014 I'm not extremely experienced on aero ports because I like doing slots. After wood displacement at max dimensions you have 3.18 cu ft of airspace. After sub displacement you have 3.05 cu ft of airspace. Here's where it gets tricky, that sub needs minimum of 40 cu in port area. So you would need about a 8" aero, or two 4" aeros. The length to get about 32hz is about 37 in length. So that leaves you with one option, two 4" aeros 18.5" long a piece on your side panel where your width is 26 in wide. The port displacement will be about 0.26 cu ft.. So your sub will be seeing 2.79 cu ft of airspace tuned at 32hz. But like Joe X said, what vehicle? Depending on the vehicle would be how you would want your sub and port to fire. But from your dimensions that's the only way that I see you getting a lower tuning. This design is based off of your max dimensions. I think that it would do just fine if your just looking for some low end with some punch for just daily listening.
GorillaFIngeRs Posted September 6, 2014 Author Report Posted September 6, 2014 I'm not extremely experienced on aero ports because I like doing slots. After wood displacement at max dimensions you have 3.18 cu ft of airspace. After sub displacement you have 3.05 cu ft of airspace. Here's where it gets tricky, that sub needs minimum of 40 cu in port area. So you would need about a 8" aero, or two 4" aeros. The length to get about 32hz is about 37 in length. So that leaves you with one option, two 4" aeros 18.5" long a piece on your side panel where your width is 26 in wide. The port displacement will be about 0.26 cu ft.. So your sub will be seeing 2.79 cu ft of airspace tuned at 32hz. But like Joe X said, what vehicle? Depending on the vehicle would be how you would want your sub and port to fire. But from your dimensions that's the only way that I see you getting a lower tuning. This design is based off of your max dimensions. I think that it would do just fine if your just looking for some low end with some punch for just daily listening. Alright, now were talking. This sounds really good to me, the car i am putting it in is a 2011 Corolla. AQ3500.115" Fi SP41/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground 1/0 Sky High Big 3 UpgradePioneer AVH-4200NEXXS Power D1200 Underhood Intimidator Gel In Trunk CES 250A Alternator
Joe X Posted September 7, 2014 Report Posted September 7, 2014 This is for the 400W RF P2 15, dimensions very close to your request and using round ports, sub forward or back / ports sideways, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
SQL50 Posted September 8, 2014 Report Posted September 8, 2014 Wow our designs are close, I did mine with pencil & paper lol..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.