Sundown Audio

Helppp please amp is getting hott af

fufhubbin

i have the hifonics brutus 2600 bix amp. its rated at 2600 rms at 1 ohm. and 1750 rms at 2 ohms.

I am runing it at 2 ohms . i measured with a dmm and got the voltage output comming from the speaker outputs of about 60 volts on average. witch when i put it in the ohms law calculator i got 50 amps at 2 ohms. so to figure out rms i was told u multiply that by how many volts ur battery is giving your amp. and i dont have a meter on it( but i ordered one on monday ) so to be safe i multiplited 50 by 13 and get 650 watts rms.

my ground is good . i grinded down the paint and bolted it tightly to the chasis and the owner of a flagship alpine dealership told me it was good

I also only have 4 gauge wire going to the amp and it only has a 60 amp fuse. but i ordered 0 gauge w/250 amp fuse the other day.

but im wondering why when i put the amp at only like 500-700 rms its gettin pretty hot. not to hot to touch but pretty hot! do you think the 0 gauge with the bigger fuse is gonne help? i have stock electrical btw

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

sounds like you are just starving it of power. I would stop using it until I got the 0g wire installed if I were you. Then see what happens. That might not help though, you may just not have enough electrical for that amp. Those amps are rather inefficient and need the juice to do work.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

its a 1994 altima with 60k miles so the alternator is only an 80 amp. with that be sufficent if i get a second battery

also what should i do first big 3 or second battery or upgrade alternator or just buy a high powered batter for the cars main battery that are made for stereos

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

i looked on ebay and it didnt have any compatiable high output alternators. are they specific for each model and year of a car or can i just buy one and have it installed. and if im trying to run a total of 2000 watts rms how many amps should the alt be.

you honestly dont think an extra battery would allow me to power the sub at least 75% or so cause right now im getting like 25% and its hurting my ears every song

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

i looked on ebay and it didnt have any compatiable high output alternators. are they specific for each model and year of a car or can i just buy one and have it installed. and if im trying to run a total of 2000 watts rms how many amps should the alt be.

you honestly dont think an extra battery would allow me to power the sub at least 75% or so cause right now im getting like 25% and its hurting my ears every song

Look in to Mechman, DC Power, Singer, Ohio Gen. Ebay alts are garbage. And, more than likely all of them will offer one 200-270ish amps but you're going to pay for a good alternator... But you do need it, and it is well worth the money and won't be something that becomes useless later down the road when you decide to do further upgrades.

Adding an extra battery won't help you out, it doesn't solve not actually producing power from the alternator. If you don't have an alt putting out enough power to keep up with your draw, and to keep those batteries charged up... You're going to end up draining your battery, dropping voltage and smoking your equipment. You have to start at the most important place which is the alternator.

^ thanks so much!!!! alternator and big three. thanks for explaining that all to mee haha those are the kinds of qustions i ponder about at work lmao but didnt know exactly what had to be done first

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

so i have to make sure that if i buy one its 200 amps or more?

You probably won't find one under 200 amps from one of the above builders. But if you have any possible intentions of upgrading in the future on that vehicle, you might as well get one that's bigger than you really need now to save from having to make the purchase again.

Archived