Sonic Electronix

got a question about this amp need help

i got a friend who has a hifonics brx2400.1 and when i go to tune the system with a bass test cd and the settings are as follows gain at 11 oclock and the voltage is 9v-0.2v -phase (didnt touch) -bass eq (didnt touch) -subsonic 12 oclock 15hz-35hz so its not playing lower than 25 i assumed (i need a dd-1) and lowpass at 12 oclock 35hz-250hz and it played for about 5 mins and gone!! now the amp comes on and stays on i test with my dmm and i get proper voltage to both remote turn on and 12v both read 13.8v. also i got a funny smell from the rca jack side. am i tuning this wrong or is this amp a p.o.s. need some advice

Hifonics amps are a pos imho. U try running new rca's? Coulda clipped the shit out of the amp and caused something internally to fry.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Bass test cd??? Did you use the disc that came with the DD1?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Bass test cd??? Did you use the disc that came with the DD1?

He doesn't have a DD1.

And sound like there is a good chance of a bad/pinched/sliced RCA, or another wiring issue somewhere. Retrace everything, and then if all is good there... double check amp settings, and if still a problem... Look at the amp.

well i just took the amp to my job and put it on the test bench and it turns on but no sound come from channel or rca so im assuming that the jacks are blown thats where the smell is coming from anyway.... i sent it back and the replacement will be in next week hopefully i dont have the same issue or im not going with that series again

well i just took the amp to my job and put it on the test bench and it turns on but no sound come from channel or rca so im assuming that the jacks are blown thats where the smell is coming from anyway.... i sent it back and the replacement will be in next week hopefully i dont have the same issue or im not going with that series again

You should use the time to check over your rcas.

poor amp you might have fried its soul to quick

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived