Second Skin Audio

Built better box. Almost doubled output! before and after pics!

fufhubbin

The con will be rolloff on that high side. Like you'll be lucky to put out 40-45 Hz with any nuts. It will be quieter on bass drums and lots of playable music is what I'm saying. 28 Hz isn't unreasonably low but in MY opinion, for that sub and my listening preferences, the tune wouldn't be my favorite. Tuning is completely subjective though, so what I wouldn't like, you may like. It's all about what YOUR ears like man :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Those subs love big boxes. I'd aim for 1.5-2.2 net, yes you can tune to 28hz if you like, ignore what any one says about different size subs effecting sound, myth, and give it some good port area, somewhere around 14-16cuin per cuft. Also, go to your local lumber distrubutor if you have one, get 1" MDF. It's like, 40$ for a full sheet. If you're using just one 10", and you're set on just running that. I would make the whole box 2" thick. You wouldn't need any wooden rod bracing. Just get some nice 45's in there, and you'll be set. Also, when tuning at 28hz, expect to lose some top end ok.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Good job with the box! Not bad for your second box.

But, yes you will have to rebuild it. lol. I made mistakes like that when I first started building enclosures. I believe we all have. :D

That span in front/back/top/bottom are way too long and they will flex with the bass. Dowels or some work bracing will be needed as you have already asked.

Honestly, I was like "Nah" about the bracing years ago, but holy crap it really does make a difference! "Duh", I know, but I learned. Make the new box and compare

the two. You'll hear the difference too. Now I'm all about bracing shit!

IMAG0015_zpsb1c16ab4.jpg

You said you want to tune lower, sure you can try but it will pull your output down a tiny bit, and you will find yourself turning up the volume 1-2 notches more

to compensate. Take the example....2 people singing the same song at the same tone, will be louder than 1 person singing the same song and tone. So you know what I'm going to tell you. I sound like an old man don't I. lol.

Keep experimenting, it's the only way to know!

Just don't blow your 1 sub in the process trying to make it do the work of 2 subs.

-Frank

that i

Good job with the box! Not bad for your second box.

But, yes you will have to rebuild it. lol. I made mistakes like that when I first started building enclosures. I believe we all have. :D

That span in front/back/top/bottom are way too long and they will flex with the bass. Dowels or some work bracing will be needed as you have already asked.

Honestly, I was like "Nah" about the bracing years ago, but holy crap it really does make a difference! "Duh", I know, but I learned. Make the new box and compare

the two. You'll hear the difference too. Now I'm all about bracing shit!

IMAG0015_zpsb1c16ab4.jpg

You said you want to tune lower, sure you can try but it will pull your output down a tiny bit, and you will find yourself turning up the volume 1-2 notches more

to compensate. Take the example....2 people singing the same song at the same tone, will be louder than 1 person singing the same song and tone. So you know what I'm going to tell you. I sound like an old man don't I. lol.

Keep experimenting, it's the only way to know!

Just don't blow your 1 sub in the process trying to make it do the work of 2 subs.

-Frank

haha its so true i hope i dont blow my 1 sub trying to make it do the work of 2! im running at 1700 watts or less so it shouldnt blow i dont think.
. probly going to add dowls since you say its the shit. also so it would sound way different if it was the same tuning at 34hz but instead of 1.8in wide port it was 3inches

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

Archived