Sundown Audio

amp going in protection mode! have good ground and havent blown 60 amp fuse. not hot . 13+volts

fufhubbin

With everything off you cam leave the subs wired the way they are. Just disconnect them from the amp ohm test the sub. Should read close to 2ohms since you have wired it down to 2ohms.

People seem to be missing something here as far as electrical goes. He is wired at 2ohms. This means the amp could possibly be slightly more efficient and draw less power specially on music since we all know that on music amps pull less power on average.

Imo it would be a good idea to make sure you have wiring going to the amp that can handle the peak amperage draw stated by the manufacturer. Always fuse for the wire near the battery(s). Its not there to protect the amp, its there to protect you from a shorted out wire creating a fire and torching yourself in a car

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

or even check what ohms the amp is seeing at the amp

thats what im doing forsure forsure tomorrow. is its not 3.7 for each coil thats fucked up cause its like brand new . but i did get it from sound electronicx which supposibly only sells B GRADE stuff

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

or even check what ohms the amp is seeing at the amp

thats what im doing forsure forsure tomorrow. is its not 3.7 for each coil thats fucked up cause its like brand new . but i did get it from sound electronicx which supposibly only sells B GRADE stuff

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

Its possible that a wire came off a terminal on the sub or something even.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

just a side note to this too....i believe i read you cut some of the wire strands out so you could run the 8ga wire. I cant stress enough how bad an idea that is for efficiency.

the easiest thing to do in a situation like that is to use stainless steel bolts,washers and nuts. install ring terminals to your wire that way everything can be done neatly and with good efficiency.

Archived