El3ment Posted September 10, 2014 Report Posted September 10, 2014 Hi everyone, I'm a real basshead and want to learn to build some subwoofer boxes. But I live in Norway, and we use MM,CM and Liters. And I can't seem to find any good "anwsers" to how big I should build my box because everywhere I go it in Qubic feet and so on so I can't understand anything. I have a 12" Pioneer TS-W3002D4, and I says it should have a 27 L sealed box or something around there. But I want a ported box, but I have no idea on how big the box should be and how I should build the port to get the maximum effect. and a side question, It's a 1000 Watt RMS sub / 3500 watt max, should I have have like a 1000 watt amp, or more to run it with? I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out. Sorry if the english is a bit off.
philrab Posted September 10, 2014 Report Posted September 10, 2014 Can't you just use a conversion factor to change the imperial units into metric? I seam to recall that Torres Calculator you can select metric units, but I could be wrong. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
El3ment Posted September 10, 2014 Author Report Posted September 10, 2014 I downloaded it, and I could change it to CM, so I will see if I can figure it out. Thanks for the reply!
Ritch40 Posted September 10, 2014 Report Posted September 10, 2014 i know for a fact that you can find conversion equations if you search google
philrab Posted September 10, 2014 Report Posted September 10, 2014 i know for a fact that you can find conversion equations if you search google Using Torres and switching to metric gives less chance for rounding errors with conversion factors. I mean, I see where you're coming from, but it's not the best solution. I do financial/payroll computations for a living. A 0.001 difference between two numbers over a big enough span can add up to one Hell of a difference. May not here, but I always vote for more precision. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
Joe X Posted September 10, 2014 Report Posted September 10, 2014 1 liter = 0.0353146667 cubic feet. those subs work in smaller boxes, like 1.2-1.6 cubic feet.
Ritch40 Posted September 10, 2014 Report Posted September 10, 2014 now that i think about it, winISD you can change the units in as well
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.