My Alternator Is Sqeaking And Not Charging When It Does...

oh my, what to do??? :mad:

EA's have a 6 month warranty

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

check the belt, sounds like youre sliping, or your alt can be torqued a little causeing it to be off axis thus the sliping of the belt and noise and loss of charge

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

I emailed Nate and will hopefully get an E-mail back tomorrow...it's not the belt, when I spin the alts pulley it makes a very faint high pitched noise.

i swear mine said 1 year warranty and last time i called him he is telling me 6 months :mad:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

either the front bearing or the rear rotor bearing is the problem then, easy fix if its the case (for nate its easy) unless you have a good alt repair shop that can sell you new bearings and youre good with a paper clip lol to align the brushes

have nate do it lol...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

either the front bearing or the rear rotor bearing is the problem then, easy fix if its the case (for nate its easy) unless you have a good alt repair shop that can sell you new bearings and youre good with a paper clip lol to align the brushes

have nate do it lol...

Nate=warranty...I'll stick to him!

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

have nate do it lol...

Yeah thats what happened to my sisters Tahoe. It was the bearings.

This is the EA alt...

The left side obviously has a lot of black from my belt....I think it was locking up.

Now I have a real problem (not bad, but real) Although my old alt is quieter than the last one, it is squeaking and not charging as well. And today out of the blue while on the highway my voltage meter just went kaput and the "check gauges" light went on...I turned it off and on and it was fine...weird...but I have a feeling my idler or tensioner pulley are involved...I don't know, but I paid off a lot of dept, got a tux for prom, and now I'm gonna throw a ton in to get my Jeep working properly and replace a burnt crossover... Whatever...Pe@ce

PhotoMoto0016.jpg

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived