skar ix 8's box help

so im getting ready to do a small budget build in my accord. nothing too crazy just a pair of the new skar audio ix 8's d2 on a jbl cs300.1 amplifier with all execution audio zero gauge plus kinetik powercell and sony 4 channel with pioneer coaxils and sony receiver. i plan on making the box around 1.8 cubes after speaker displacement. i plan on putting in an aeroport. my question is what size port should i get for my pair of 8's? i read a thread on here about ports but i just dont understand everything fully. i was thinking a 4 inch port would be enough for both but im not sure. any help is appreciated. also wondering what i should tune it at as ive never used 8's before and didnt know if tuning them in the mid 30's would sound good or not. i checked the skar website but they dont list box or tuning specs.

First you need to figure out how big of an enclosure you are going to build. After you get the dimensions then you can figure out the port size and length that you need. You can use a subwoofer box/ tuning calculator like this to figure out what you need. http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

First you need to figure out how big of an enclosure you are going to build. After you get the dimensions then you can figure out the port size and length that you need. You can use a subwoofer box/ tuning calculator like this to figure out what you need. http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

i tried using the site you suggested but it didnt give any information as far as how big a port to use. i know how to find box volume and port length for tuning. my question was what diameter port i should use and what should i make it tuned at. id like to use 1 port for both 8's. i just dont want to get a 4 inch diameter port and have it be to big and make the subs sound like garbage.

well if you input the diameter of the port and the tuning you want along side of the dimensions of the box it will tell you if it will work or not. Example: if you put the dimensions in and put that you want a 4" port tuned to 35 Hz it will tell you if it is possible. If that configuration will not work it will say so in a dialogue box to the left of the calculator.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

well if you input the diameter of the port and the tuning you want along side of the dimensions of the box it will tell you if it will work or not. Example: if you put the dimensions in and put that you want a 4" port tuned to 35 Hz it will tell you if it is possible. If that configuration will not work it will say so in a dialogue box to the left of the cal

ok. thank you for the help.