Jump to content

Upgrading component speakers


GS300Cali93

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I want to upgrade my component speaker in my 93 Lexus gs300 and I just want to know if anybody knows what size speakers will fit with no modification at all they stock is 4 inches

Posted

Lots of 4" speakers to chose from. Are you sure They are 4" though. Is everything stock? HU or any factory amps?

Posted

@bcbrassard's yea I'm pretty sure that's what there saying online different sites no only the interior speakers and tweeters are stock what do you recommend for 4 inch speakers

Posted

@bcbrassard yea I'm pretty sure that's what there saying online different sites no only the interior speakers and tweeters are stock what do you recommend for 4 inch speakers

Posted

You really cant mess it up. You can buy 5 1/4" MDF speaker rings and screw them in place where the 4" are to give you the opening you need to run a larger speaker. You would be happier with 5 1/4 vs 4".

Onlt experience I have with 4" are RF T142 and on 105 watts they really put out some sound in the higher midrange and highs. Had they in the dash of a Tahoe firing up at the windshield.

Tons of 4" out there, find a car audio online store and do a search for 4". Or head to a car audio shop near you to try and find some.

Whats your budget?

Posted

Very small budget lol but either way I would need to save a lil money first I already have some in mind do you know anything about mb quart? They have some for 47 each online that's the cheapest ones of that brand @bcbassard

Posted

Very small budget lol but either way I would need to save a lil money first I already have some in mind do you know anything about mb quart? They have some for 47 each online that's the cheapest ones of that brand @bcbrassard

Posted

I like amazon since I am a prime member and get free shipping a lot. Looks like all minor and major brands have 4" so it depends on your budget. Cheap is ok but you wont be real happy with them in the long run. are you running them off HU power, amped or what?

I see them for $30 a set or $100+ a set, just remember you get what you pay for.

Why do you want to upgrade? Are they blown? You will only get a small improvement in sound by changing out stock with now amp or power behind.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 767 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...