Upgrading component speakers

GS300Cali93

You really cant mess it up. You can buy 5 1/4" MDF speaker rings and screw them in place where the 4" are to give you the opening you need to run a larger speaker. You would be happier with 5 1/4 vs 4".

Onlt experience I have with 4" are RF T142 and on 105 watts they really put out some sound in the higher midrange and highs. Had they in the dash of a Tahoe firing up at the windshield.

Tons of 4" out there, find a car audio online store and do a search for 4". Or head to a car audio shop near you to try and find some.

Whats your budget?

I like amazon since I am a prime member and get free shipping a lot. Looks like all minor and major brands have 4" so it depends on your budget. Cheap is ok but you wont be real happy with them in the long run. are you running them off HU power, amped or what?

I see them for $30 a set or $100+ a set, just remember you get what you pay for.

Why do you want to upgrade? Are they blown? You will only get a small improvement in sound by changing out stock with now amp or power behind.

Archived