Q Logic Kick Panels

Stephen

Alright so someone sent me a link for any qlogic kick panel set for $85 plus $8 shipping and since i have never glassed anything before im thinking about getting them. The only downside is they only hold a 5.25 speaker. Do you think its worth it for $85? how much would it cost me to make them myself? is it cheaper to get the premade ones?

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Alright so someone sent me a link for any qlogic kick panel set for $85 plus $8 shipping and since i have never glassed anything before im thinking about getting them. The only downside is they only hold a 5.25 speaker. Do you think its worth it for $85? how much would it cost me to make them myself? is it cheaper to get the premade ones?

They aren't bad, and usually fit pretty good. They are kind of flimsy though, a trick i do is spread liquid nails on the inside of them to stiffin' em up a little bit.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Haha, it costs about $20 in materials to make a set of kickpods. But yes doing kickpods somehow is a very good idea, whether you go with q logic or make them yourself. You can also layer the inside/back of q logic with sound deadening to reduce the vibrations

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

You could also get them and fiberglass the inside of them to make them stronger. This would give you some fiberglassing skills on a project that would be somewhat simple and no one could see if they turn out not so good.

Archived