Jordan Guess Posted September 20, 2014 Report Posted September 20, 2014 I have a fully loaded Fi Q 15" running off a AQ 2200 going inside of a Ford Ranger Xcab. Max dimensions are 28W x 30H x 18D. Planned on doing sub up port up unless there is a better setup for rangers. Not sure how much port area I should go with but what i came up with is: Max Dimensions: 28W x 30H x 18D Port Height-16.5 (technically the depth) Port Width-4.5 Length-50 Woofer Displacement-.16 # of extra baffles- 1 # of Common Port Walls-3 This puts my port area @ 74.25 sq in. (17.35 sq in per ft.) Net Volume of 4.28 cu ft. Tuned to 28.05HZ Anyone have any suggestions for me before i start off with this build? Not sure if I have to much box volume or to much port area but all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Smoove Posted September 21, 2014 Report Posted September 21, 2014 Here is what Fi's recommends. What are your goals for this sub? Ported box: 2.8-4 cuft @ 28-33Hz For that sub and amp I personally would do 3.5 cuft tuned at 32hz with 14-15sqin of port. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.