Second Skin Audio

G35 need help with limited space..

pk222

You have ~4.3 cubes internally with a double baffle.. and the height to fit 12s. After sub displacement, you're down to around 4 cubes.. just under that.

With a meaty center port or slot port, you're down to ~3 cubes.

Many of DCs smaller 12s like around 1.25 ea.. the Sundown SA12 recommends 1.5cubes ea..

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I didn't realize how much space I had to work with. I'd like to stick with 2 sa8's because I think it would be awesome to have the shock factor.

If anyone could set me up a box design I will be extremely grateful. I like low bass and mostly listen to rap with some occasional rock

So I'm working with Torres getting an idea.

So far I tried 12 high/ 33 wide/14 deep, with 2 3in aero ports at 18 in long. Net volume of 1.71 with 32.46 hz tuning and 14.13 in of port area.

Am I on the right track ? If not shoot me some ideas please. I'm not set on aero ports it's just what I've always done in the past for ease of install and changing tuning

Also I want to do the ports on the same face as the subs but was having problems getting enough port area.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the 8's and now I need to plan out the box. I'm still planning on the box above that comes out to 1.71 cubes but I'm still having problems with port area. I'm trying to order some psp ports soon but I'm not sure what I should use. The psp ports are only available in 14"

I've been playing around with Torres and trying to get my port area per foot to at least 10-11" and i can't figure it out. Can someone shoot me some suggestions? I don't know if I should order 1 or 2 3" ports or maybe 1 4"

Archived