Second Skin Audio

so been thinking about just buying some cheap 15's and going crazy

MeenGreenAudio

this thread makes me happy.

OP, do you have a build thread for your current setup? Or any pictures you can post? I am keen to see it

He does and it isn't a bad build at all. If I remember correctly his box is seriously pretty and very well built. Kid DOES have some skills, I'll give him that kudos.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i need help from all the suburban lovers out there i have a 96 barn door suburban i dont want to loose my 2nd row but i will if i have too ive done the math and not considering box volume i can fit 18 15s behind 2nd row what u guys think give me your opinions i just want a crazy demo truck not another spl build just something stupid to drive daily.

What should i do??

OP says, "not considering box volume", so he knows the enclosure won't have enough airspace.

Everyone still basically tells him it wouldn't be enough airspace.

Op says, "I just want a crazy demo truck", he clearly by context means he wants it to be visually stunning more importantly than sonically dynamic.

Everyone tells him that's not the best plan for optimal dynamics.

OP says, "not another spl build", so he knows this isn't the way to big numbers.

Everyone tells him this isn't the way to big numbers.

This forum can be such a circle jerk sometimes.

Just read the whole thread this is just my 2 cents 4 zv3s would be sick but so would 18 15s but deff dont go with an off brand that never works out what do you think about running a 21 or two in my opinion that would be more visually appealing most normal ppl have never seen subs larger than 12s or 15s if it was my choice i would get these http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/warden-21-incriminator-audio-21-3500w-warden-series.html idk your budget but a couple of those would impress alot of ppl if thats what your going for

use the magnet on the back of the subwoofer to stick all 18 of them to the roof.

you can sell your sundown amp, everyone knows you get the most power directly from the headunit.

your welcome.

Get some Pyle 21s or Pyle 18s!!!!

Lolololol jus playin!!!! If you're set on 18s check out Obsidian they are budget friendly, hell CT Sounds is having a good deal on there Strato v.1s, they have 18s 15s 12s and 10s, on their eBay page they have them cheap, 18s are like $170/$180 shipped and of course the smaller sizes are a lil cheaper. Good luck and don't forget to start a build log when you start, im down to check it out

OP I see you are in Garner NC, you should go check out High Output Audio and look at the caliber of work they do and get some advice from those guys.

the last show i went to was at there new location over by agri supply it was fun i did a 140 with me 2 re sx 15s in my dodge ram but ya its a nice shop and they truly do amazing work

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

what happened tp team fu audio for life. taking over the car audio scene. gonna do mid 50s and show everyone

i ended up getting 1 18 off of them and its a dcecent entry level i like it better than the sa because i had them both at rms power tuned and in custom boxes but the fu750 got pretty low and stayed clean throught the spectrum not gonna talk shit on them yet because im still team fu but my favorite sub will always be sundown audio ftmfw

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

Not to thread jack....

I heard a very reputable guy may be doing a big build with 18 15s behind c pillar.

Like I said its a rumor and I shouldnt even be saying anything.

Go for it. Only way you'll learn

6 sided tunnel?

thats what my plan was 6 sided tunnel 3 deep with ports on bottom and top was gonna have it tuned at around 37

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

this thread makes me happy.

OP, do you have a build thread for your current setup? Or any pictures you can post? I am keen to see it

ya here is the link to what im running now

the suburban http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191183-c-pillar-wall-build-96-suburban/

the dodge http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191331-1995-dodge-ram-2500-rebuild-2014/

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch